Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Lego City

+11
SnapLock
PrincessLime
Red_Five
Locomotive Annie
Kaila
spongo
Ajax
Lightningtiger
Free Spirit
jigsaw
timmyc1983
15 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

My Lego City - Page 2 Empty Re: My Lego City

Post by Ajax Thu 21 Feb 2013, 1:47 am

Locomotive Annie wrote:Yes I love how the Friends sets are about adventuresome getting out and about and doing stuff together. I think the City and Town sets somehow ended up being 'same old same old' and quite moribund and boring. I mean who needs yet another Police and Fire set and I don't even bother to look at them anymore when i get the chance to get to one of the toy stores in one of the surrounding larger towns.

I always wonder why Lego doesn't release a zoo ('City' lego), It would be an instant hit. Im also tired of all the police and fire stuff but I guess thats what sells. I think a zoo and amusement park would be my top 2 wants from lego.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:19 am

yes,
thats also an interesting thing..
as i first made a " back to the future diorama , back in 1985.
-
it was so fun in the outback, towns that are in a time portal . once a decade i go out, and wonder about in the country .. visiting old towns, its amazing how, the old lego from the 1980's is in toy shops, its as though, the toy shop owner, who , are in their 40's 50's. contributes their own lego to the, stock,. hmm, one could do that as a resale, but its sort of interesting how, the same concept in lego gets recycled
-
look at it in 1993, it was .basically space. city, castle, , then, they stay on the shelf for 4 years, maybe 5.. then, there is a new gimmick, the " bionicals, ".
2003, . Harry potter" and " batman".
-
well, 2013 now,. batman is redone, and star wars is redone.
-
lord of the rings, got redone for the hobbit, so i missed out on the lord of the rings lego, had no green or orange, that i was after, at the time so, i'm glad there is a regeneration. cos i just get the $15 sets.
-
toy story lego and the train, gave us dark green lego, ..
and
the lone ranger as well, now, redoes the sherrif and train of, toy story, .
-
"the museum break in" gave me more dark blue lego, and also the, miniture Creator house. dark blue roof,.
-
and friends lego has the new yellow, and orange, so it depends if your after new pieces or after new interpretations, i have about 20 fire engines now, after all the 6 different cycles . ( fire bike, fire sergent car, fire truck)
-
orange rescue lego seems to be my favourite, , i like the orange for halloween diorama's

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-02-14

http://legochambersecrets.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 4:10 am

wow, very interesting. I have definitely noticed the re-doing of themes. For example you mentioned the new Lone Ranger theme, it reminds me a lot of the Western Theme in the late 90s i think.

The camper van now ice cream truck looks great btw!! I reckon an ice cream truck would be popular in City too.

BTW i have just uploaded the video of my Lego City to youtube, do check it out! All displayed on my new display shelf under the house in my Lego room legohappy

Let me know what you guys think. I'm not overly happy with the layout, which is crazy cos i built the shelf myself and came up with the dimensions, but i'm not sure if it's that or something i just can't put my finger on, anyway, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIqt7ixA2mg
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Fri 22 Feb 2013, 4:59 am

timmyc1983, yes i watch that,. i watch brick queen and, the brick show, and creative builders, all them, they shop at target in america and canada, so, the sales are 2-3 months, ahead to us, i think they test the " market" and do the same lego sales over here .
-
my brick shelf works .now to link it, are we allowed to link
i show all my lego hogwarts starting images
after i bought enough lego to do 7 stories, and, i see target still have gringott's diagon alley still in stock, so i think i'll save up for that, when it gets the target toy sale of june 2013,
-
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=522693
-
My Lego City - Page 2 Gallery

Last edited by spongo on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Fri 22 Feb 2013, 6:22 am

Timmyc1983, I enjoyed watching your video clip. Lots of little cameo scenes which really make your town come alive. It's hard to advise you as to what else might be done as my idea of the ideal Lego town is bound to be different to yours. The thing I enjoy about modelling with Lego is that it is so easy to make modifications until a MOC is exactly how you want it to be. I've built town scenes before using traditional model making materials and changes almost always involve having to scrap something that might've taken hours to create from wood or card and having to start all over again. My only regret is that it took me so long to discover just how versatile Lego is as a modelling medium.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:50 pm

Spongo: Yeah i watch the Brick Show too!! Good times haha, yeah it's interesting to see what they think ahead. And they go to all the toy fairs and get the early pics etc of everything.

Your stuff sounds impressive but it won't let me view it, maybe you have strict privacy settings (some may say wisely! legoeyeshutlaughing )

Annie: I'm glad you enjoyed watching. I love seeing other people's creations, be it MOCs or towns like mine, but particularly the towns, there's just not enough 'town/city' pics/vids out there, so i'm doing my bit legohappy . And i have just finished building the Pet Shop modular and have 90% of the bricks ordered for a bricklinked Cafe Corner modular, so additions ahoi! I may need to expand my display shelf :D I am also very keen to obtain more railway and get more trains, it's all a matter having the funds to do so haha, so difficult these days!
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

oh,yes, timmyc1983,
I added more photos, so it resets in 7 days,the brickshelf, I should leave the account as is, but I've been adding new photos, cos I got a new computer today, so no, lego buying for 6 months, till I get enough money to get teenage mutant ninja turtles, though I could just get a $20 one I guess

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 2:06 pm

ahahaha yeah that's how it starts tho isn't it!?!?

"i'll just get a $20 one" and next thing you know you'll be unboxing the new Palace Cinema Modular building ahahaha legotounge
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Sun 24 Feb 2013, 11:49 am

yes, I did a stock take, $25 000 in all my lego since 1980 i'm guessing,
thought
-
I saw a pirates of the carabeen lego chucked out to make space for lego teenage mutant ninja turtles, I resisted the temptation , it was so price worthy, 4 minifigures and a 3 story lego windmill for $50,

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:05 pm

wow that's a lot of lego!!! many many many bricks haha

I don't think i would have been able to resist that... They never seem to have sales for Lego when i'm at the store legosad
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs6HUPpvl6o
-
yes, I have a youtube account I started a year ago, I was so enthusiastic about my swamp speeders, I did a 30 second scene movie, and was so proud, then, did a matt hatter futterwaken dance, so now i'm collecting lego, and rebuilding my 60 times 6 films scenes from star wars movies. and ewoks, I guess, i'll be making lego images till 2021, can you imagine us all in 10 years time, 3d computer imaging, oh, look at your lego set, I can see it in 3d

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Tue 26 Feb 2013, 4:48 am

oh yes, every time I try to count my black lego, I get to 50 000 pieces and go, oh, I give up,.
-
tan ( which I call icecream, cream lego ) I did a count of, at 3000 pieces since star wars lego came out in 1999)
green lego at about 3 000 pieces as well, if you count all the green lights street lights and headlights.
-
gingerbread - that sandstone one, we get in the weasley house, I've got 200 pieces now, , i'll be buying multiple friends bunny's just so I can get a whole punch of mason gingerbread house bricks for $6,
-
white lego is always the lest fav of mine, cos it discolours so easy, but I still have 10 000 pieces .light grey is about the same as black, at 50 000. thought the new light grey is more lighter grey , so its a different grey now in 2013.
-
blue lego at about 5 000
yellow at 4000
and red lego at 3000
-
and the dark grey I have about 10 000 pieces, introduced same time as lego star wars in 1999.
so one can tell a persons collection by how many pieces they have .
-
pink lego now, I have 500 pieces, , could you imagine a guy saying, ive got 500 pieces of pink lego, lol, I got my first pink lego in the pink house of, 1990.

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:16 am

ahaha yeah, but it takes a real man to build in pink!!!! :D

But yeah that's a lot of lego. I have never counted mine as it's always built in the town you can see, but i would nowhere near as much as you!

RESPECT :p
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:35 am

well, i have a couple of shots my slightly altered layout here, with the inclusion of my first ever modular building :D I'm much happier with this layout to the Feb one and of course with my new made underground display room things are looking good legohappy

My Lego City - Page 2 13022810

My Lego City - Page 2 13022811

i have all the parts of a bricklinked Cafe Corner en route as well :D then i might do another video :D
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvVdtJ_Ai5k&list=UUjutWdlHjv1B3SxD5ptn5XA&index=1
- who was the first to get an aussie teenage mutant nija turtle full set,. . i'll get the turtle lair, and the fish face set tomorrow, for a big Friday night build, , just got the shredder box, cos I thought they'd sell out first

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:06 am

ahaha nice one, looks good but should probably be in this thread:
https://aussielegofans.forummotion.com/t30-what-i-bought-today
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:17 am

looking good Timmy, I think you need to custom a back onto your Cinema (bulk it out a little more) I still need to get that set, I like the colours of it. Are you going to extend your train line? How much room do you have under there?

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

oh yes, I forget what thread i'm in tee hee, ha ha
-
its cos I click on your videos every day to make them popular

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 6:24 am

Yeah you're right Ajax, i'd like to make it the same depth as the modulars so i could connect it to them... That cinema is one of my favorite buildings in my city i reckon...

And yeah definitely looking to expand the railway, i just need to get more track, and it's the usual story atm, no money cos i just bought the fire brigade and grand emporium today as well as the bricklinked CC, i'm gonna need more room haha.....

But in answer to your other question, there's heaps of room down there, another space over the other side of the 'room' as big as the display i already have and them smaller bits on the side too, so all i need to do is build the shelves to match the one i already built and i'll be sorted..... It's very exciting :D

Spongo: haha it's very easy to get over excited with Lego and not realise where you are, i do it all the time :p and keep that up with my videos haha, esp the February one, no one seems to be watching it legosad
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by spongo Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:56 am

yes, I worked out, the more lego cities I watch, the more, youtube recommends other youtube lego city displays , like the Melbourne one, and the ones on aussie tv shows

spongo
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:30 am

So another update is upon us... A couple more modular building now included and the train line slightly extended. I have more train line coming soon which will hopefully complete the circuit all the way around the Township of Brixton :D

My Lego City - Page 2 Dsc_5110

My Lego City - Page 2 Dsc_5113

My Lego City - Page 2 Dsc_5115

hope you like the new layout. There will be another update soon, but in the meantime you can check out my flikr account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timmyc1983/ with more details :D
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:40 am

Its looking Awesome, The rock walls in the background look good too. It looks like your city is built in a canyon or valley surrounded by cliffs.
I can't wait to start putting my city (Jacque's Bay) together.
What is the small blue and white building in front of the octon service center?
You know you need to build a back on your town hall now dont you, hehe. legolaugh

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

Ajax wrote:Its looking Awesome, The rock walls in the background look good too. It looks like your city is built in a canyon or valley surrounded by cliffs.

Yeah, good ol' Sydney sand stone :D i'm quite enjoying the look it gives...

Ajax wrote:I can't wait to start putting my city (Jacque's Bay) together.

After seeing some of your MOCs today i can't wait either legohappy it looks like it will be amazing!

Ajax wrote:What is the small blue and white building in front of the octon service center?

That is 'Hurricane Harbour' 6338. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6338-1 This was one of my favortie sets as a kid cos i grew up near the water and right next to where we would always play on the beach there was the equivalent of this building, so it was like i had a little piece of my life in my Lego city ahaha

Ajax wrote:You know you need to build a back on your town hall now dont you, hehe. legolaugh

Ahahaha i was waiting for this.... But those dark green bricks are sooooooooo expensive. I'll never be able to afford it hahaha
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:27 am

The cinema looks good in its new position. My Lego City - Page 2 414665
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:30 am

Locomotive Annie wrote:The cinema looks good in its new position. My Lego City - Page 2 414665

Thanks Annie!

I've moved the Cafe Corner into the city next to the cinema now.... Altho i'm not happy with it.

I have train tracks on their way soon so there'll be another update once things are installed :D
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next