Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review - 4431 Ambulance

2 posters

Go down

Review - 4431 Ambulance Empty Review - 4431 Ambulance

Post by marvinblue Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Hi all! Welcome to the latest installment of my City reviews, the Ambulance. I bought this as it is another one of the latest additions in the City line and I wanted to see how it stacked up to the previous Ambulance. I bought it from Toyworld for their regular price of $28.50. It took about 45 minutes to go together and looks pretty good once finished. Most of that time was spent getting the stickers looking just right. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to putting them on and it took me a little while.

Name: Ambulance
Theme: City
Year: 2012
Pieces: 199
Minifigs: 3
Price: AUD $29.99 (S@H)

The front of the box:
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090022

The back of the box:
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090023

The contents.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090024

The new minifigs.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090025

Some new pieces, well at least for me anyway. First, the new stretcher. Could've used the older one with wheels, which does fit, as will be shown later.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090026

Some new hinge pieces.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090029

The first bag completed.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090027

The interior. I think it works well.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090028

The interior with the default stretcher.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090030

Just showing the clearance with the door closed.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090031

Another interior shot.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090032

I had a bit of an issue on where to put the first aid kit and defib. I finally settled on this spot either side of the rear seat.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090033

The completed set. I really like the accessories that have come with this set. They'll go well in my City.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090036

Left side.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090037

Rear end. I like this sticker, I think it works well.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090038

Right side.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090040

The accessories.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090035

The leftovers.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090034

Now, the comparison shots!
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090041

Not so squeesey!! legoeyeshutlaughing
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090043

Old-style interior.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090044

New-age interior. Note that it can accommodate the older stretcher with the wheels quite well.
Review - 4431 Ambulance P1090045

The new Ambulance definately has a better, more realistic shape. Also, there's a bit more room and space for some handheld gear, as well as a heart monitor!

Overall, I think this is a great vehicle. It has been well designed and has plenty of accessories a play potential for the price. It looks realistic and can transport three minifigs with ease. For me, the main gripe was the stickers. As they were circular, I found it quite easy to stick them off-centre or not straight. If the Medical symbol was printed onto a square, it would make it a lot easier to place, especially where little people and frustrated parents are concerned. Also, the vehicle is quite large. Although TLG have gone for realism, it's the size of the City Campervan. I haven't put it against any buildings as of yet, so I don't know how the scale will go. Also, I hope TLG have modelled enough space into the upcoming Hospital for it to fit. Only time will tell..

These, however, are my only gripes. This set is a great addition to anyone's City layout, particularly if you have clumsy bike riders. legoeyeshutlaughing

I reccommend this set!

Enjoy!
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Review - 4431 Ambulance Empty Re: Review - 4431 Ambulance

Post by Xyver Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:31 am

Thanks for the good review Marvin,

I bought this set a few weeks ago and it is a great ambulance, more realistic in shape to the old one too, well for us modern Aussies anyway.

My only issue with it is the size, its scale actually makes it larger than the ladder truck from the fire station set, so it looks a bit off when they are together. But then, the old one looked too small so its a no win scenario.
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-07-06

https://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Xyver-1/

Back to top Go down