Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review - 7638 Tow Truck

2 posters

Go down

Review - 7638 Tow Truck Empty Review - 7638 Tow Truck

Post by marvinblue Wed 15 Jul 2009, 7:12 am

Welcome to the next installment of my City reviews, the Tow Truck. I bought this as it is another one of the latest additions in the City line. I bought it from K-Mart on sale, although the regular price isn't much more. It's a little harder to build as opposed to the Sports Car and has twice as many pieces, but its still fairly easy. It takes about 20 minutes to go together and looks pretty good once finished.

Name: Tow Truck
Theme: City
Year: 2009
Pieces: 129
Minifigs: 1
Price: AUD $19.99

The front of the box:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010331

The back of the box:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010332

Contents:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010333

Random shot of the instructions:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010334

"What a mess! Shouldn't have mixed those packets together...!
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010335

Halfway through the build:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010326

The spare bits once completed. (The other trans piece is actually trans-yellow, not clear. I didn't use my flash for this one..)
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010327

One of the lockers remains empty once complete. I filled it with a chain and torch. In addition, I changed out the axe for a hammer. I thought that it was more appropriate on a tow truck than an axe!
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010336

The finished product!
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010337

Shot of the rear of the truck:
Review - 7638 Tow Truck P1010338

Overall, I think this is a pretty cool truck. The addition of a technic gear for the handle works well, there is no problem winding up the rope. The colour of the truck works for me, but not the lights on top. I need some parts from Bricklink, then they're going to be yellow. I'm also toying with the idea of putting some working lights onto either the rear or the sides of the truck. Other than that, I reccommend this set!

Enjoy!
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Review - 7638 Tow Truck Empty Re: Review - 7638 Tow Truck

Post by Darth Legois Fri 24 Jul 2009, 1:21 am

Hmmm I really like the look of this set! I might get 2! legolaugh

Although I dont like the Blue lights, I'll probable change them to yellow...or maybe even orange but I dont think orange on orange goes well...

I like everything else though, Good review. legosunglasses 🚧
Darth Legois
Darth Legois
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Title : That's what she said
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2009-02-05

https://aussielegofans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down