Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad

2 posters

Go down

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad Empty MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad

Post by marvinblue Tue 17 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

Not long after I emerged from my Dark Age, this set caught my eye, especially as it has flashing lights and a siren!! legohappy I thought I could update the original design and build it in yellow to match 7891. Little did I know at the time, it would be an expensive undertaking!! Oh well! Over time I managed to combine Bricklink orders for different stuff to make it a little cheaper and at the end of the day, I love the results!

Enjoy!

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060837

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060838

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060839

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060840

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060841

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060842

Light bar working.
MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060843

The Shift vehicles together. Now I just have to build a Station and Airport for them.... legoeyeshutlaughing
MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad P1060844

Finally, a picture of the original set.
MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad 6440-110

Comments welcome.
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad Empty Re: MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad

Post by peterab Sun 22 Aug 2010, 3:32 pm

Thats a clever idea marvinblue,

The red and yellow colour scheme clashes a bit, but I'm not sure if its a bad or good thing, after all some airport firefighting equipment is rather loud. I remember having a trading card game that had photos of one foam cannon which was flouro pink legosmile2
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad Empty Re: MOC: Modified 6440 - Jetport Fire Squad

Post by marvinblue Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:31 am

Thanks for the comments!! The colour scheme was chosen originally to match the other truck. These trucks in the real world are meant to be seen easily, as they're on an airfield. The RAAF Aviation trucks in the eighties were a Lime Green. The trucks at Tullamarine are dayglow yellow, like someone has attacked them with a yellow highlighter.
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down