Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Truck mods

2 posters

Go down

Fire Truck mods Empty Fire Truck mods

Post by marvinblue Sun 03 Mar 2013, 4:22 am

A little while ago, I reviewed the 2013 Fire Truck. I really liked the set, but I challenged myself to come up with some better designs. I wanted to use the ladder and turntable on my ladder truck and I needed a stand-alone Pumper for my City. So, this is what I've come up with!

First up, a shot of my ladder truck when I first MOC'd it.
Fire Truck mods P1010410

Next up is what I've done to it. Now the body doesn't rotate, just the turntable. My Station Officer is the red helmet, while the other is a Leading Firefighter. Until there is another coloured helmet released, my Leading's will have to wear white. I didn't realise how high it would be with the new ladder part, I had to raise the roof in my fire station by another two bricks.
Fire Truck mods P1130229

Rear right shot of the truck. This truck has a pump panel, so it can be used just as a pumper, to back up other vehicles or respond by itself to alarms.
Fire Truck mods P1130230

Rear left shot. This shows, among other things, the controls for the ladder and stabilisers.
Fire Truck mods P1130231

Front shot of the truck.
Fire Truck mods P1130232

The ladder fully extended.
Fire Truck mods P1130233

Now onto the Pumper. This is 60002 with the ladder and turntable removed. One of the things I liked about this set was that it looked a bit like a Scania Pumper, that's where I've drawn my inspiration from.
Fire Truck mods P1130234

Rear-left view. Notice the two hoses? Now I can boost from a hydrant to either my ladder or platform truck. I can also have the option to give the second length to one of my other trucks, so they can draw from their own hydrant.
Fire Truck mods P1130235

Side view.
Fire Truck mods P1130236

Front view. I like this angle.
Fire Truck mods P1130237

I worked out how to seat three! So the crew is one Station Officer, one Leading Firefighter and one Firefighter.
Fire Truck mods P1130239

A shot inside the cab, showing the seating arrangements.
Fire Truck mods P1130240

Another internal shot.
Fire Truck mods P1130241

A new truck gets a new Breathing Apparatus storage system.
Fire Truck mods P1130242

Fire Truck mods P1130243

Lastly, an overall shot.
Fire Truck mods P1130244

There you have it. I hope you like the new improvements, comments are always welcome.

Enjoy!
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fire Truck mods Empty Re: Fire Truck mods

Post by Kaila Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:26 am

Nice one, been thinking of getting this fire truck when it comes on special
Kaila