Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

3 posters

Go down

Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter Empty Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

Post by marvinblue Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:33 am

Hi all! Welcome to the next installment of my City reviews, the Dirt Bike Transporter. I bought this as it is another one of the latest additions in the City line and I thought that it would look great within my City. I bought it from K-Mart for their regular price of $29.00. Both sub-kits were in their own bags, which was great, as my eldest daughter took the trailer and bikes and I got the 4WD. It took about 30 minutes to come together and looks pretty good once finished. This kit has great playability and bith of my daughters loved wizzing the bikes around the table.

Name: Dirt Bike Transporter
Theme: City
Year: 2012
Pieces: 201
Minifigs: 2
Price: AUD $29.99 (S@H)

The front of the box:
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090110

The back of the box:
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090111

The contents.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090112

The minifigs. Pretty bland, but they do the job.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090118

Some new pieces, well at least for me anyway. First, the new trans clear pieces. These don't have a stud on top.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090113

The brace to hold the spare bike wheel to the roof.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090114

A new SNOT frame for the front end.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090115

The leftovers.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090117

The completed set. I really like the overall components of the kit and think that they complement each other well.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090119

Another overall shot.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090120

Rear end of the 4WD. I like the rear door, it's a nice simple design.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090121

The trailer.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090122

I love the way the bikes attach to the trailer.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090123

The 4WD by itself.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090124

Another shot.
 Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter P1090125

Overall, I think this is a great kit. It has been well designed and has plenty of accessories a play potential for the price. It looks realistic and can transport the bikes and gear with ease. For me, the main gripe was the lack of accomodation for the second minifig. This kit is like the 4WD and horse float. With that vehicle, the rear roof could come off and the second fig could sit easily in the back. Unfortunately, this kit has been designed to keep the back roof permanently on. In fact, my daughter made mention of this to me. Also, there's nowhere to put the oil can, as its too big for the drawers and its a little squeezey in the back with both this and the second fig.

These, however, are my only gripes. This set is a great addition to anyone's City layout, particularly if you have little boys in the family!

I reccommend this set!

Enjoy!
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter Empty Re: Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

Post by peterab Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:37 am

I was pretty much going to buy any set with two motorbikes in it, but having built this one I'm a little let down. I don't know if the colour doesn't work for me or the design of the 4WD but it just doesn't enthuse me as much as the other recent city vehicles. It is a pretty nice parts pack still though.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter Empty Re: Review - 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter

Post by Red_Five Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:21 am

^^ This sets has some great looking parts for sure, the two dirtbikes are great, nice colours, and some parts i've never seen either - like the red & white drawers.... Hmmm.... That has given me an idea! legohappy
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down