Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moc buildings

4 posters

Go down

moc buildings Empty moc buildings

Post by HRTTIM Mon 09 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

just wondering how you guys who build the moc buildings come up with the plans for them and where do you get all the bricks from to build them?

i am inspired to have a crack at a moc but dont know where to start?? legounsure

HRTTIM
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

moc buildings Empty Re: moc buildings

Post by Captain Zuloo Mon 09 Aug 2010, 2:41 pm

Getting plans for MOCs? Well that goes against the very definition of a MOC! Sure you can use inspiration from realy buildings, but you really just have to use your imagination, there's no such thing as a guide for a My Own Creation.

Getting bricks is easy though, check out Bricklink and Pick A Brick, plus you can use parts already in your collection. legowink
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemish Mon 09 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

You could also use the digital designer software from lego and then just order the parts for it when you are done

Hemish
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Mon 16 Aug 2010, 5:15 am

Digital designer prices are higher than S@H pick a brick, and they are both higher than bricklink.

To get the right sort of parts I generally buy extra modular buildings, creator houses, castle buildings, harry potter buildings etc. It is sometimes tough to get the more realistic colours so I get them whenever they are in a set, hopefully on sale.

To work out designs I look at what other people have done on brickshelf mocpages and flickr and then copy ideas and techniques. Since I like to build European stuff I also look at old train accessory catalogues for ideas. Sometimes I alsd use Google images to look for the type of architechture I plan on building.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down