Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast

+3
BrickTango
Hemish
Cadder
7 posters

Go down

Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast Empty Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast

Post by Cadder Tue 27 Jul 2010, 3:13 pm

Greetings, all

Just thought I'd introduce myself... I'm Cadder, I live on the Gold Coast with my wife and kids, having recently moved up from Sydney.
I've been a Lego fan since I got my first set for my 5th birthday (some 38 years ago).
(it was this one:)
Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast 333-2

I've been through an extended dark period, and have just started organising (and adding to) my Lego collection...

I'm wondering if there are any LUGS (or even friendly AFOLs) on, or nearby in sunny SE Queensland?
Cadder
Cadder
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast Empty Re: Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast

Post by Hemish Tue 27 Jul 2010, 4:12 pm

Welcome aboard, I'm in Logan not too far away, there seem to be a fair amount of brisbane ppl over at eurobricks too.
Would love to see a local lug started here

Hemish
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast Empty Re: Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast

Post by BrickTango Wed 28 Jul 2010, 4:41 am

Welcome, you and your family have a great collection by the looks of things!
BrickTango
BrickTango
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marvinblue Wed 28 Jul 2010, 3:12 pm

Welome aboard!! Nice to see another face in the Community.
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadder Thu 29 Jul 2010, 1:54 am

Hemish wrote:Welcome aboard, I'm in Logan not too far away, there seem to be a fair amount of brisbane ppl over at eurobricks too.
Would love to see a local lug started here
Thx for the tip.. I joined Eurobricks. I'll replicate this post there legowink
Cadder
Cadder
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 29 Jul 2010, 4:51 am

Welcome aboard, I too started around the same time however of my collection of that era has since become spare parts after I found ways to break it of lose it from playing with it as a child !
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Thu 29 Jul 2010, 5:43 am

I rebuilt all my early sets after my dark ages ended, and added to them. I've got at least two of that one.

Welcome along Cadder.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Greetings - new member from the Gold Coast Empty Brisbane Lego Train Group

Post by Big Kahuna Mon 02 Aug 2010, 2:01 pm

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know about the Brisbane Lego Train Group - we a are a bunch of AFOL's from south east Queensland with memebers spread over Brisbane, Gold Coast and Toowoomba regions.

We have been in existence since 2002 and are regular exhibitors at model train shows and hobby shows. Trains form just small part of what we exhibit at the shows.

This coming weekend 7 & 8 August we are exhibiting at the Pine Rivers Model Railway and Hobby Show. The show is on Saturday 9am – 5pm and Sunday 9am – 4pm at the Strathpine Community Centre.

Have a look at our website for more information - http://users.tpg.com.au/gquinlan/bltg.html
Big Kahuna
Big Kahuna
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Sat 07 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

Welcome along Big Kahuna,

It's nice to finally have a contact from you guys, your web site has moved around a bit the last few years and it seems like I've always been one step behind.

It'd be great if you posted some pics of the BLTG layout in the train and town forum.

Peter
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down