Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track

+2
peterab
SnapLock
6 posters

Go down

Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track Empty Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track

Post by SnapLock Tue 02 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Hi all just brought some clone brick train track it fits my Lego train track it was quarter of the price for the same amount of track as a official Lego box of track , Only difference is the track is brown rather than grey.
Just wondering what are your opinions about clone brick brands??
personally i don't think the Clone Brands are even comparable to Lego quality , However something like train track i am willing to buy from clone brand.

My reasoning is simple Lego train track has cost me about $672 when i could have the same amount of track in the Clone equivalent for $240.
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track Empty Re: Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track

Post by peterab Wed 03 Oct 2012, 10:06 am

I'd be more inclined to buy clone track if it were the same colour.

I tend to rely on Melbourne Lego Train Clubs 9V track a lot, most of my track is PF, mostly from sets, with a few boxes of straights crossovers and switches in addition. Last LUGBULK I was able to buy 100 straight tracks, which is by far the best way to get it.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track Empty Re: Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track

Post by Red_Five Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:57 pm

SnapLock wrote:Hi all just brought some clone brick train track it fits my Lego train track it was quarter of the price for the same amount of track as a official Lego box of track , Only difference is the track is brown rather than grey.
Just wondering what are your opinions about clone brick brands??
personally i don't think the Clone Brands are even comparable to Lego quality , However something like train track i am willing to buy from clone brand.

Brown track? let me think...
Is it from the ''Enlighten'' clone brand?

SnapLock wrote:
My reasoning is simple Lego train track has cost me about $672 when i could have the same amount of track in the Clone equivalent for $240.

legounsure

Are we talking about 9V track, or unpowered PF track?
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Wed 24 Oct 2012, 3:13 pm

It is Enlighten brand track for PF trains
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Wed 24 Oct 2012, 3:51 pm

Now I feel more 'enlightened' ^_^ It's a bad joke but I just had to... Hm I may need more 9v straight in the future myself I'm thinking..
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Mon 19 Nov 2012, 3:51 am

Enlighten track is every bit as good as Lego and costs waaaaaay less. I prefer the brown colour for trackwork anyway as steam era trains didn't run on track with concrete sleepers. Banbao makes good quality track with the same geometry only it's black and the sleepers are more closely spaced. All three track types will fit together without any problems.

Clone brick Tain track Vs lego train track Tracks-1

Sluban and some Chinese battery trainset makers make track which is to L gauge, but with wider radius curves. It's made from black plastic and won't connect to Lego and Lego clone track as it uses a different design of rail joiners. It's not too hard to make adapter track though if you're handy with a razor saw. I like it and intend to use it for my Kotanga Tramway layout for the simple reason that longer wheelbased locos and rolling stock run better and don't look so daft going around the curves.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Mon 19 Nov 2012, 2:13 pm

Thanks Annie for the info i wasn't sure if Banbao track fitted with lego or Enlighten what are the banbao trains like? is the clutch power the same as enlighten.
I have had a few banbao war ships and they always fell apart.
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Mon 19 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

Banbao seem to have updated their bricks and upgraded their molding equipment because the bricks in the trainset I bought recently fitted together really well with a nice firm clutch. A while ago now I used to buy Banboa's military sets for Brick wargaming and while I liked the models there was a little too much Blu-tac helping to hold them together. The new bricks have a different feel to them and they have a trade mark on the end of the studs that I haven't seen before.
This link will take you to a website that has pictures of the Banbao trainsets. The locos come complete with motors and radio control gear and I'm reasonably impressed with the sets to have purchased two of them and I have a second Freight set on layby as well at the moment.

Oops sorry seems I'm not allowed to post link urls just yet, but if you Google Banbao trains you'll find plenty of information about the on the web.

Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:19 am

A google search for 'adult fans of enlighten' came up with naught. Similar with the other clone brands mentioned.

As far as I can see, there does not appear to be adult clubs around the world that show off creations made by mega blocks or enlighten or coco or whatever other rip-off brand.

I may be wrong about this, but it would appear to me that these clone brands only cater for the quantity market rather than quality.

Over the years I have bought many a box of "Lego" on ebay. Surprise, surprise, there is usually some other rubbish in there. Whilst sorting, I have got to the stage now where I can see the inferior colours and feel the inferior plastic without having a close look at the clone. My basketball skills are improving as I can toss them into a box in the corner from 5 metres.

When the box is full of rubbish, I sell it on ebay for a few dollars; saves me taking it to the dump.

I guess you have got the impression that I am against cheap rip-offs.

I believe that if you wish to trumpet the cheapness of clones, then you should go to a forum about those inferior brands; good luck finding one.

Meanwhile, I am going back to sorting out some more LEGO; quality I can rely on in my MOCs.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:04 am

Oops sorry Brickie, - now shutting up completely about clones legephew
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down