Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving forward for BLTG

5 posters

Go down

Moving forward for BLTG Empty Moving forward for BLTG

Post by brickie Wed 30 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

Our President has called a special meeting this Saturday, 3rd December to form an interim committee for 2012 to continue with the great work that BLTG has contributed to 'LEGO shows'.

This committee will be charged with organising shows for 2012 and developing a 'formal' constitution for our rapidly expanded membership. This will enable BLTG to perhaps organise an 'EXPO' on the first weekend in October 2012. This will be a long weekend in Qld and the school holidays.

There is a lot of excitement as we move into a new phase of our existence.

2 years ago, none of the original members envisaged that there were so many LEGO fanatics out there in SE Qld.

10 years ago, BUGS met on occasions to talk and show LEGO.

They organised the first LEGO 'expo' at the Indooroopilly Hotel in 2001; we believe it was the first in Australia. A number of our current BLTG members were part of the show; one of them is now in Denmark working for LEGO.

We believe that the potential of BLTG has not been reached; here's hoping for a great turn-up on Saturday.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Moving forward for BLTG Empty Re: Moving forward for BLTG

Post by AnitaE Wed 30 Nov 2011, 1:03 pm

I won't be there Saturday, but Matty will. It should be a good and exciting meeting.

And an expo would be awesome, hard work, but would be lots of fun to participate in, so if anything does get decided, I am willing to help where I can (I am mostly obedient, depending on my mood).
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickton Wed 30 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

Hey Brickie

I plan to be there on Saturday and even though I am a new member...and still not that active given my studies...I am keen on working towards an "EXPO" of our own at some point.

I do think that 2012 may be a bit early...but am willing to discuss it with other members, and if there is agreement to do it I will be keen to do what I can to help out.

At the very least it looks like it will be an "interesting" 2012.

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasen Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

Yeah I can't attend as I'll be working but an expo sounds like a great idea. LEGO is good in that "sets" can be build off-site and then joinded together within a theme etc, it's a great chance for us all.

Jasen
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Moving forward for BLTG Empty BLTG "Moving FORWARD"

Post by taipan Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

Hello Brickie and all who are the BLTG

I will be there on Saturday, and i look forward to what should be a very intresting meeting as we decide which direction our group takes, while i dont want or am seeking any position on the executive i will as always give my full suppot to them .

I like the idea of our own expo, however i realise that there is an enormous amount of work and preperation to go into this and as Mr Ryan Mc naught said at our meeting last month, we should start small, and take small steps and eventually who knows we could end up like Melbourne, if that ever happens it would probably mean i would have to move to brissy ( heaven forbid lol)

The other thing that is pressing at the moment is that we are committed on an annual basis to shows and we also need to have a great discussion as to where this is going.

Things we really need to settle on this week are things like track position, road postion and width,themes and how many shows are we doing etc, etc as well as solid commitments for anything that is decided
see ya all then

taipan
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Fri 02 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

It appears that the meeting tomorrow will be well attended and there will be some great discussions.

I was asked today by a non-member if she could attend and I said no as this was a business meeting for members and not a social event.

The new committee will let everyone know of the next social gathering / MOC night.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down