Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visit to BLTG

5 posters

Go down

Visit to BLTG Empty Visit to BLTG

Post by brickie Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

Ryan McNaught is in Brisbane to commission 2 LEGO creations for the Qld Govt.

He is planning on coming down to Bricks n Fun at Capalaba on Friday afternoon for a chat. We will be having a Chinese takeaway for dinner at 7 and some more talk about Lego.

This will be a great chance to catch up with a master builder.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Visit to BLTG Empty Re: Visit to BLTG

Post by peterab Thu 17 Nov 2011, 2:24 am

Ryan is a really nice and funny guy, I'm sure you'll all enjoy his visit.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickton Thu 17 Nov 2011, 2:38 am

I had the good fortune to meet Ryan at the Canberra Brickvention so it will be good to catch up with him again....as well as the other members of the BLTG of course.

In fact this will be my first chance to catch the elusive Anita in her more natural environment, being surrounded by lego.

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

Many thanks to Ryan McNaught for giving so much of his time to mingle and chat with the members of BLTG on Friday.

It was great that members could drop in an at Bricks n Fun at various times during the afternoon and evening and talk Lego before they had to go home to families.

It was a real eye opener for many of our members to appreciate the size of some of Ryan's creations.

BLTG would like to thank Ryan for his input into many procedural matters for a group of Lego enthusiasts.

Ryan felt assured about his animal building ability when Jeremy, who works for National Parks and Wildlife with koala preservation, was immediately able to identify Ryan's creation as a koala. I think, though, I did hear Jeremy make a suggestion about the position of the nose.

It was great informal night and Ryan left us fired up for an extra special celebration of Lego building next year.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

I agree, it was a great night, and it was an inspiration and a pleasure to meet Ryan.

I was sorry I couldn't stay a little longer, but I had a very loud cue that it was time to leave.

And Brickton, it was brilliant seeing your Rudolph, it is even better seeing it in person.
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickton Sun 20 Nov 2011, 6:10 am

Hey Anita

I agree with you it was a great night...and yes your cue, although cute and adorable, was loud and demanding, so we can understand why you could not stay longer.

I really liked both the gingerbread house and the surfing santa from you and Mattman.

Thanks also for your kind comments regarding Rudolf the Red Nosed Airship.

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyver Sun 20 Nov 2011, 9:17 am

I hear you Anita. I was there mid afternoon with my little one.

She wanted to make Gary a very happy man and buy every item in the shop so we couldn't stay long. She was most upset that we went to the Lego Shop and didn't buy anything. The good thing was that one of the first items she wanted to buy Santa has it already sitting in my cupboard.

It was great to meet and talk to Ryan for the few minutes I could grab.
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-07-06

https://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Xyver-1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down