Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOC: Trailer for the Tractor

2 posters

Go down

MOC: Trailer for the Tractor Empty MOC: Trailer for the Tractor

Post by Paul B Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:03 pm

Over the past week I have been designing and building a trailer which goes behind the 4x4 crawler (set 9398). This was designed to carry the tractor (set 9393) with loading ramps.

When I first started building this I was not going to have the extra wheels on the front, however from my testing it was much more stable with these. They also help with reducing the load on the tow bar on the back of 9398.

This is 21 studs wide, 10 studs high and 57 studs long, adding the ramps if they are down adds another 15 studs to the length. In the photos below you can see that I tested this with some weights, with the front wheels down it held 3.25kg and could take more. Without the front wheels by 2.14kg it was sagging badly.

Overall I was fairly happy with how this worked out, however I have now pulled it to pieces as I have some other ideas for "Version 2" of this.

Photos on my blog:
http://mizibunktechnic.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/moc-trailer-for-tractor.html

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

MOC: Trailer for the Tractor Empty Re: MOC: Trailer for the Tractor

Post by rumpletump Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:07 am

Hey not a bad effort.

I think it looks better without the wheels at the front but I can see how it needs them to support the load..

There are some simple ways to add good strength without making the design too bulky I look forward to version 2

Henry

rumpletump
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:19 am

Thanks legohappy

The wheels were added as it put quite a load on the tow bar, in version 2 I will change this so that are not needed.

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down