Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas display at Annerley Library

3 posters

Go down

Christmas display at Annerley Library Empty Christmas display at Annerley Library

Post by brickie Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

BLTG has been invited to organise a Christmas display at a Brisbane library. Annerley is just down the road from the 'Gabba'.

We have some wonderful creations to display including the surfing Santa from AnitaE and the great 'Rudolf the red nose airship' by brickton. There are a number of other models for display. Hopefully, we can get some photos up of the finished display.

Being totally slack, I have left it until the last minute to do mine.

I have finally finished my Nativity scene.

Christmas display at Annerley Library Dsc00475

The 3 wise men bringing gold, frankincense and myrrh to the new born King

Christmas display at Annerley Library Dsc00482

Roman soldiers taking the census.

Christmas display at Annerley Library Dsc00484
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Christmas display at Annerley Library Empty Re: Christmas display at Annerley Library

Post by AnitaE Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:59 pm

That is going to be a cool addition to the display.

And a great idea.
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Christmas display at Annerley Library Empty Re: Christmas display at Annerley Library

Post by Captain Zuloo Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:35 am

Excellent! Those angels on top are great. Good use of that otherwise ridiculous 1 x 2 yellow brick with the smiley.
I look forward to seeing more photos of this, and the rest of the display. legohappy
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:54 am

Brickton and I went to the Annerley Library this morning and set up the display in the lockable glass cabinet just inside the front door.

Christmas display at Annerley Library Display_at_library

It created a lot of attention whilst we were there; one little boy begged his mother to bring him back when it was finished.

The library staff were very pleased with the result. Anita, your surfing Santa tickled one lady's funny bone; she though it was very novel.

Captain Zuloo, thanks for the feedback. The angels are based on set 10080 which I have adapted slightly by adding tiles to get rid of studs.

Some further photos may be found at

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=490182

I think the library staff will be kept busy cleaning finger and nose prints off the glass.

A big 'thank you' to the members of BLTG who contributed items for the display.

Last edited by brickie on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:12 am

Thanks for setting this up. They all look great in the display case, I hope the kids (and adults) enjoy it as much as I enjoyed building for it.
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down