Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway??

3 posters

Go down

Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway?? Empty Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway??

Post by Kaila Sun 23 Sep 2012, 9:34 am

Okay so of late I virtually live on Bricklink.. Almost done with 80's train and now I find myself trawling through every Town set released since 1978 to see what strikes a fancy. So the point of this thread?

WhoTF is Brasletty, CoinCoinBrick, X-mint, MasterofBrick. It's like every single Lego I look up, these guys have it in boxed new/used condition but at a ridiculous price of course. Dare you to pick a random 80's set and click to see the highest listing, I bet you see one of these names if not 2 or 3. Anybody in this forum know anything about these heavyweights or had any dealings with them? Tbh I get a little peeved especially with this Brasletty character since her prices are garunteed always setting a new high standard as well as charging you the whole paypal fee as well as a premium shipping rate on top of an already sh**** Aussie dollar to Euro currency conversion. I just avoid these names now since I know there's no point in clicking to even see, problem is it's not so easy to find anything else from other sellers unless of course that's the plan and these big guys are just buying up anything good as soon as it appears and relisting at a premium to hold up their own crazy prices..

Sorry it sounds like I'm pissed doesn't it ^_^ guess I am a bit lol, but hey this thread might at least spark some interest/information/debate/activity right?

Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway?? Lego-g10
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway?? Empty Re: Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway??

Post by brickie Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

I guess that these sellers had the sense to realise that these sets would appreciate in value and bought a few to put aside; a bit like laying down a dozen reds for ten years.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway?? Empty Re: Who are these Bricklink heavyweights anyway??

Post by Tsitra Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:22 am

The only one of those sellers I recognise is Brasletty, he is an active member on the BL forum and also a well known collector. But his selling practices leave a bit to be desired, I have never personally bought from him but quite often his name comes up in the forums regarding poor quality products, missing pieces and used sets buying sold as 'new - sealed'. His feedback profile speaks for itself.

Paul

Tsitra
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down