Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Empty MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds

Post by Lightningtiger Thu 31 May 2012, 1:36 pm

Now lets see if the tiger can make something American.
MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds True_value_us_mini_store_01MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds True_value_us_mini_store_02MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds True_value_us_mini_store_03
A bit more of a simple design than I usually do, I was bored today and decided to make this....all for what parts I had in stock.
Comments welcome.

Last edited by Lightningtiger on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Empty Re: MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:35 am

I have lodged this with Cuusoo and I'm only waiting for it's review for it be posted on Cuusoo.
Updating later.....once the green light is given ! legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Empty Re: MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm

Surprise.....and more to come !MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Us_town_street_9999
Comments and suggestions welcome......please anything American rural/country town wise. legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:08 am

Wow 335 visits in just over a day and half.....another BOC eh ?
More to come everyone reading this......I have decided to make a Lego-ised US rural town to be a sister town to my Aussie one (which I have to work on again).
Suggestions I need suggestions for it please ? legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

Oops, this just got the tick of approval from Cuusoo so if you like it support it.
Cuusoo link
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

Oops, this just got the tick of approval from Cuusoo so if you like it support it.
Cuusoo link
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

I'm currently working on a custom repaint of a Lego City style post box in USPS blue....well as close as I can get.
I will try update as soon as I can.
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:12 am

Change in mail box plans, I'm designing a realistic USPS mail box hopefully with working flaps.
Keep watching !
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Mon 04 Jun 2012, 12:14 am

After I have completed the mail box, I'll start on possibly a Gulf gas station - something different than a Shell or BP.
Totally keep watching ! legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Mon 04 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

Change of plans again.....a Kroger gas station instead as I have just come up with a cheap way of making their gas pumps......so keep watching !
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Five Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

Perhaps some American style vehicles and a U.S. flag would make it look ''more American''?
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:34 pm

Yeah, some big Chevy pickups and a police cruiser chasing them - already thought about that.....but thanks 'Red_Five' for the suggestion and now this.....
MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Us_town_street_9997MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Us_town_street_9998
I still have to sticker the side of the mail box and the flap to feed letters in does work. legowink (there is a hatch on the back to get the letters out)
MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip-kroger_gas_station_9999
Okay, now a tease shot of a wip gas pump or what we call in Oz a petrol bowser. This will be for one of Kroger gas station brands.
(Footnote - if I build a small town hall.....there will be an American flag made for it)
Keep watching ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 05 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_pavement_between_the_two_buildings_99
I decided to pave the exterior and tile the floors in the inside of the two buildings.
Besides that another w-i-p.......a Kroger Gas Station.
MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_kroger_gas_station_97MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_kroger_gas_station_98MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_kroger_gas_station_99
Like I said it's still a w-i-p, still more detailing to be done to the roof over the driveway.
Keep watching for more everyone ! legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 05 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_pavement_between_the_two_buildings_98
What's different you ask ?
The sticker on the side of mail box is the only difference. legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Wed 06 Jun 2012, 12:36 am

Today, I'll try and have the roof trimmed right....my problem is what colours to use as well as white.....red or tan ? lego8O
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:43 am

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Wip_kroger_gas_station_windscreen_wash_stand_99
Someone on EB asked for a windscreen washing bucket and squeegee....so I delivered.
More to come......keep watching ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Zuloo Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:04 pm

That brick pattern on the petrol station (which looks absolutely awesome BTW) - where does that element come from?
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

Thanks 'Captain', try the forest police station and robbers hideout plus some of the Ninjago range for those type of bricks.....I adore those bricks so handy to create realism.
The white uprights are going for tan ones to make it even more like a Kroger gas station.
I'll post updated photos tomorrow sometime. legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:13 am

The structures I'm building will make up the town called.....Barter.
Like the name ? legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:35 pm

Update time on the Kroger gas station......
MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Kroger_gas_station_wip_98
Still more to come.....keep watching everyone ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

MOC - True Value Hardware Store & other US style builds Kroger_gas_station_wip_95
More improvements to come.....keep watching ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

I've been asked to re-look at the driveway roof height....might not be enough clearance for big rig fuel tankers to fit under it. Sometime on Tuesday I'll have updated images or sooner if I can ! legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:46 pm

The 'brick' bricks are great.

There are some grey ones in the LOR sets.

The only minus with them is that the mortar crease doesn't appear on the end of each brick.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

"The only minus with them is that the mortar crease doesn't appear on the end of each brick."
Yeah I know what you mean, but still I feel that those bricks just add that extra pop to a MOC.
Keep watching everyone more stuff is coming ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Mon 11 Jun 2012, 2:57 pm

LT, Don't get me wrong, I think that they are great.

I am designing in my head a house / office block using the 'brick' bricks to house the 'friends' studios for my granddaughters.

i am sure that lego will 'modify' them in time.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next