Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad)

Go down

Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) Empty Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad)

Post by haz Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Well... First i designed this claw-backpack-type-thing and i was pleased with the results. Then i designed some legs to go with it and i was pleased with the results. Then i thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if the backpack detached from the legs, so if only ground-level work was required, the legs wouldn't get in the way?". Designed it and i was pleased with the results. Then the parts came in the mail (from BrickLink) and when it came time to attach the legs to the backpack (via a Pneumatic T-Piece and a Long Technic Pin w/friction), i wasn't pleased at all! legoheadbang

According to MLCad, the inside of the two types of Long Technic Pins (with and without friction) look the same. But in reality, the Pin w/friction has ridges inside it almost its entire length! Well at least the Pin i've got has them. legorolleyes

Anyway, here are the MLCad images. Brickbuilt shots to follow when i get the right Pin! legolaugh

Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit1
Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit2
Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit3
Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit4
Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit5
Two-Part ExoSuit (MLCad) ExoSuit6

As always, any comments, criticisms or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks for looking.
haz
haz
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down