Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from NQ

5 posters

Go down

Greetings from NQ Empty Greetings from NQ

Post by Tsitra Fri 22 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

Hi everyone,

I'm an AFOL from Townsville NQ, I been lurking on here for a few weeks and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I mainly collect older sets from the 80's-early 90's that coincide with my childhood and the sets I couldn't afford back then.

I have currently completed the M:tron, Blacktron II and Space Police I themes and am missing only a handful of pieces for the futuron theme. My next projects include getting all the sets in the forestmen theme (currently have about 50% of the pieces but no complete sets) and then moving on to the pirates I.

I have also recently started collecting some of the starwars sets including the newest battle packs and several Hoth themed sets.

Anyway I look forwarding to meeting everyone around here and would love to know if there are any other AFOL's in NQ.

Paul

Tsitra
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Greetings from NQ Empty Re: Greetings from NQ

Post by peterab Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:57 am

Hi Paul,

Sorry it's taken the mods so long to welcome you. I've been busy getting ready for BrickExpo, and as Cpt Zuloo is helping run it he's also most likely flat out.

I've always liked M:tron, and a lot of the mid classic space themes but they fell right in my dark age so I've got most classic space, and then not much till Spyrius. I'm mostly a train builder now.

There seems to be a strong group of AFOLs centered around the Brisbane Lego Train Club, you might try asking them if they have any contacts further North.

Welcome to ANZFOL.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsitra Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Hi Peter,

Thanx for the welcome and the tips about the Brissy group.

I've always loved the M:tron I had the 6923 Particle Ionizer as a kid and it was always one of my favourites sets.

Tsitra
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baskin Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:14 am

hello and welcome :D
Baskin
Baskin
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Thu 28 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

hello Tsitra

Welcome from the Brisbane Lego Train Group.

In what part of Townsville do you live?

I spent 10 years up there in the 70s so if you see any Lego on the roadside out Kirwan way, it is probably mine.

Please feel free to contact us if you are ever down in 'The Big Smoke'.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:26 pm

Hi Paul,

I love the forestmen sets, probably one of my favourites (probably because they were the sets I loved as a kid, we had the camouflaged outpost, and I always wanted the river crossing one.

I am heading up to Townsville for a night next week, so I hope the weather is gorgeous up there
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsitra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

brickie wrote:In what part of Townsville do you live?

I spent 10 years up there in the 70s so if you see any Lego on the roadside out Kirwan way, it is probably mine.
Hi Brickie, Thanx for the welcome. I currently live in Bushland Beach which has changed dramatically in the last 5 years let alone from the 70's, but I lived in Kirwan when I was in high school and can't say I found any lego lieing around the street then.

brickie wrote:Please feel free to contact us if you are ever down in 'The Big Smoke'.
I would love to make it down sometime soon, my sister and her family live in Brissy but being a university student money is a bit tight so can't see myself heading down for a while yet.

AnitaE wrote:I love the forestmen sets, probably one of my favourites (probably because they were the sets I loved as a kid, we had the camouflaged outpost, and I always wanted the river crossing one.
Hi AnitaE, I was never lucky enough to have any forestmen as a kid, I remember spending hours looking through the catalogs dreaming of getting any set that had a forestmen figure even if it was the 6042-1 Dungeon hunters (with forestment prisoner).

AnitaE wrote:I am heading up to Townsville for a night next week, so I hope the weather is gorgeous up there
Hope you enjoyed your trip, the weather is still a bit cold for my liking but I'm sure it's a lot nicer then it is down south atm.

Paul

Tsitra
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: