Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From Sunny Adelaide

+4
The Phonj
guymontag
Free Spirit
daoh
8 posters

Go down

Hello From Sunny Adelaide Empty Hello From Sunny Adelaide

Post by daoh Fri 04 Jun 2010, 9:09 am

Hi gang!

My names Dave and I love Lego.

Actually, I have none, and a 4 yr old... well he turns 4 next month... So guess what he's getting? legohappy

Anyway, remember those Legoland exibitions that came to town every year??? Well what happened to them?

I'd love to help bring them back if I can.

Maybe even get us Sth Aussies and exibition? I'm new to this forum, so I bet there already is one?

Anyway, the guy form Brick Expo (Canberra) Connor Hicks, told me to sign up here... So here I am...!!!!

Hi Everybody!!!

daoh
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Hello From Sunny Adelaide Empty Re: Hello From Sunny Adelaide

Post by Free Spirit Fri 04 Jun 2010, 10:17 am

Welcome aboard, Daoh.

Whilst, I am from Tassie I remember the Legoland display(s) very well as I remember going as a kid to see one at David Jones which must be at least 25 to 30 years ago now.

I also seem to recall them being on at least two floors of the store but its so long ago I really can't remember however I am sure they were bigger than our imagination at the time.

Cheers... Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guymontag Fri 04 Jun 2010, 12:49 pm

Hi. Welcome to Anzfol. Hope you enjoy your stay and I hope the Lego obsession grows on you, like it has for me.
guymontag
guymontag
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Title : I need an avatar!
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phonj Sat 05 Jun 2010, 11:31 am

Hi Daoh, welcome to Anzfol. One of my fondest memories from childhood is of going through the Lego Exhibitions; and queuing up for them at John Martin's.

To my knowledge, there is very little in the way of Lego based activity in SA. There is "The Lego Man" at Angaston (some info at http://www.southaustralia.com/9000671.aspx ). "The Lego Man" has a tendency to exaggerate his stories but nonetheless has an impressive collection and is well worth a visit.

Retail wise; Toy Corner located at Pelican Plaza (near Tea Tree Plaza) almost exclusively deals in Lego (sets and bricks) and Galaxy Toys (396 Goodwood Rd Cumberland Pk - just down from Big W) sells second hand toys including Lego - you may just be able to pick up your favourite childhood set from there.

Unless somebody wants to correct me; there are no active fan clubs in Adelaide and on this forum; there is myself; yourself and TheFallen from Adelaide... unless anybody else wants to put up their hand?

The Phonj
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Sat 05 Jun 2010, 12:20 pm

Since reading the Phonj's response I agree that it was John Martin's that I most likely went to see the fantastic Lego Exhibitions because I remember that they sponsored the Christmas Parade for quite a number of years.

I do have a photo of a Lighthouse which was on display at David Jones when I visited Adelaide in July 1998 however because I failed to utilise the flash of the camera it didn't turn out very well which is a shame.

Cheers again...Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Zuloo Sat 05 Jun 2010, 3:57 pm

G'day Dave! Connor Hicks here,, glad you decided to join us!

Hmm, I thought I remembered reading something about an Adelaide LUG, but perhaps it was a reference to a past group? But nothing to stop you Southern fans of meeting up from time to time. legohappy
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Sat 05 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

Welcome Daoh,

I too seem to remember a disscussion of a now defunct Lego User Group in SA. Can't help you with that I'm afraid.

As for Lego exhibitions, you could come over to Melbourne for Brickvention next January. We are currently trying to secure the Melbourne Town Hall, as we've pretty much outgrown our current venue and its the only one large enough in the CBD that we might be able to afford.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time at ANZFOL.

Peter
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Havoc Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:02 am

Hello-welcome to ANZFOL!
Captain Havoc
Captain Havoc
Pirate Master
Pirate Master

Title : The next master of the seas
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by marvinblue Mon 14 Jun 2010, 11:54 am

Hi there daoh! Aren't kids a fantastic excuse for purchasing Lego?!! (That's of course if you needed one!!) Hope you enjoy your stay.
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down