Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt.

5 posters

Go down

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Empty (MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt.

Post by guymontag Tue 30 Mar 2010, 5:54 am

Hi

Aim: To produce a Castle gatehouse for my kids to go with the walls and tower I had built for them previously.

Constraints: Had to be kid proof to a certain extent + have a level of playability.

Features: opening and closing gates, A portcullis that can be raised and lowered. A trap door that allows studs to be dropped down a chute. A mouth that allows the studs to drop on top of the attackers.

Build time: 4-5 days, but built over the course of a few weekends.

MOC build problems: I'm suprised I managed to build it without too much difficulty. The mouth was a little tricky but its moveable so that the kids can adjust it at different angles. Ive made it exactly the same stud width as the walls. Started to run out of grey bricks. If I had a lot of bricks the colour scheme would of been light and dark grey, but you build with what you've got.

Satisfaction : High. Turned out well and I actually felt like a small child again engrossed in building with Lego oblivious to the outside world.

[img](MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Img_1310[/img]

Rear

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Img_1311

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Img_1312

the rest of it.

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Img_1313
guymontag
guymontag
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Title : I need an avatar!
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Empty Re: (MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt.

Post by Captain Zuloo Tue 30 Mar 2010, 10:13 am

Looks great, especially with the rest of the wall! Although I wouldn't have expected it, the green and yellow castle walls go together quite well. Although the skeletons and trolls seem pretty stupid, why not just walk around the walls? legolaugh
To improve it, I would suggest maybe replacing the grey baseplates with green ones and adding some foliage around the walls.
But nice MOC, thank you for sharing!
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Empty Re: (MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt.

Post by guymontag Tue 30 Mar 2010, 11:07 am

ahh... but I never took a side view pic of the walls and the gatehouse. I'll do it tomorrow at work. But essentially its modular so that I can (when I get enough bricks) slot sections in and out as I see fit. Isn't it always the way when you have an idea there isn't enough brick for it.

I love foliage, all those leafy greens really cleans out the system..... ohh sorry wrong foliage. yes. foliage would be nice..
guymontag
guymontag
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by guymontag Wed 31 Mar 2010, 4:37 am

side

(MOC) Gatehouse- my first serious moc attempt. Img_1314
guymontag
guymontag
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Keetong Mon 26 Apr 2010, 2:19 am

Great detail buddy. The face really does show out to be a person with anger, enough to scare any incoming armies. I really like how you've used turbines for eyes, it puts them to use.

I really like how you've done the gate, that bit more un smooth surface really gives it that more terrifying feel.

All in all a great MOC
Keetong
Keetong
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Title : Yay I got a title. Given by myself
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallen Mon 26 Apr 2010, 4:45 am

This looks really good

With a few modifications this could actually be changed to a Castle Grayskull from Masters of the Universe. It kind of has that vibe already
TheFallen
TheFallen
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Havoc Mon 26 Apr 2010, 6:26 am

I love the eyes! And its really cool how the mouth allows studs to drop through. Looks like it has great playability (I want one legotounge )
Captain Havoc
Captain Havoc
Pirate Master
Pirate Master

Title : The next master of the seas
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down