Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The force unleashed

Go down

The force unleashed Empty The force unleashed

Post by Star_wars_rules Sun 22 Feb 2009, 12:33 am

As there wasn't a section labeled star wars games I thought I'd drop this in here.

Before I start this is not a review on the game so please for those who are looking for a review, go to www.gamefaq.com and search for it.

This is more of a discussion for those who have played the game.

As Lucasarts continues to churn out some good games of late, the first being battlefront 1 & 2. Then followed by EAW, lucas released Force unleashed. Now even though this game is not exactly a long game, the detail and the storyline of Vader's apprentice is the driving force with this game. There is a few twists that certainly fill some blanks as well. The cutscenes are to die for as lucas as gone all out with it's license to the developers as it uses the havok graphic engine giving everything a real impact feel. More importantly the way the force is used is awesome. There is one level where you have to literally pull a star destoyer from the sky and into the ground.

So who has played it and would like to comment?
Star_wars_rules
Star_wars_rules
Star Wars Moderator
Star Wars Moderator

Title : Star wars
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

The force unleashed Empty Re: The force unleashed

Post by Star_wars_rules Thu 17 Sep 2009, 6:33 am

They have also just releaed the second DLC pack for it. The first was the jedi temple level.

It goes on the non cannon ending of the game if you chose to kill Vader in the main game and as a result the apprentice becomes the new sith for Palpy. So the first mission is you tracking down the tantive 4 and getting the DS plans from R2 on tatooine. There are 2 boss fights in this as well, the first is against Bobba Fett and the other is against old Obi-wan.

The other mission is on hoth at echo base.

Another feature that is the update patch for the game on ps3 is the trophy support......yeah they finally added it on.
Star_wars_rules
Star_wars_rules
Star Wars Moderator
Star Wars Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Star_wars_rules Thu 08 Oct 2009, 8:23 am

Here is my review on the game that I did over at gamespot.

Finally a star wars game that really shows the force in its physical entity. As we have seen in the films object being "thrown" using the force, light saber's going back to their owner's and of course the force lightning that the emperor used on luke. However it is one thing to see it in film but another to be able to do it yourself and this game doesn't dissapoint at all. Almost everything that isn't bolted down in the game can be thrown, infused with force lighting then thrown or force pushed out of the way. The locations/planets that you travel to are simply stunning to look at. Felucia is by far the best looking level I have ever seen in a game in a long time. Kashyyyk also is very lush in detail.

The game takes place between episodes 3 and 4 of star wars filling in a blank that tells the story further of Darth Vader's secret apprentice and what he does. Parts of the original draft from lucas have made their way into this new story and as such has enabled an extension of the overall mythos of star wars lore.

Should you get this game? Well if you like punting jawa's and watching them twitch from lightning then....yes.

This is a must have for any star wars nut like myself.
Star_wars_rules
Star_wars_rules
Star Wars Moderator
Star Wars Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down