Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013

5 posters

Go down

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Empty Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013

Post by Rognys Tue 16 Jul 2013, 12:25 pm

Event Invite

Feel like a trip to Brisbane? Some of you may have already heard but here is the official word, we’d like you to Exhibit at The BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013!

After the success of our first show last October and a smaller satellite show in June, we’d like to invite our fellow interstate AFOLs to come and exhibit during the October long weekend of the 5th, 6th and 7th.

The show itself is on at the Sleeman Sports complex in Chandler. This venue is over 1700sqm in size (three basketball courts!) and we hope to see as many as 10,000 people in attendance. We will have a number of retailers there as well as play areas, interactive displays, train layouts and heaps more.

There is also accommodation for Exhibitors available at the venue at reasonable rates

For more information contact the Expo Coordinator at expocoordinator@brisbricks.org
Or check out our website at www.brisbricks.org

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Rognys
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-22

http://www.bltg.org

Back to top Go down

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Empty Re: Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013

Post by brickie Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

I will endeavour to be there.

I am frantically attempting to build the Island of Sodor.

It has worked out at 14 x 6 base plates so I have a lot of work to go.

The harbour at Brendam is almost finished; only the other 7/8 of the display to go.

[img]Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Img_1710[/img]
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Empty Re: Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013

Post by NoShelfWear Mon 07 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

Was a good event, was slightly smaller than I was expecting but plenty of interesting displays. legohappy

Kudos to whoever came up with the Technic RC obstacle course, looked like a real hit.

Saw your display brickie, good to see it got there in the end.

I really liked the super hero display that had the Delorean, Doc hanging from the clock tower and the great Ninja Turtle alley/lighting setup.. great attention to detail! (and great fan service!)

Thanks to all involved.

NoShelfWear
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Five Tue 08 Oct 2013, 9:55 am

Thanks to everyone who came along. We had a very successful show!

Noshelfwear: I'm glad to hear you made it.

Here's a few photo's of Lego I had on display:

Town plan sets

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 BrisBricks_2013_099

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 BrisBricks_2013_100

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 BrisBricks_2013_101

1970's town and some trains (& a poster legosmile2 )

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 BrisBricks_2013_102

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 BrisBricks_2013_103

More pics of the whole expo Here. http://brickingaround.com/2013/10/07/brisbricks-lego-fan-expo-photos-and-review/
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Tue 08 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

NoShelfWear wrote:
Kudos to whoever came up with the Technic RC obstacle course, looked like a real hit.

Saw your display brickie, good to see it got there in the end.

I really liked the super hero display that had the Delorean, Doc hanging from the clock tower and the great Ninja Turtle alley/lighting setup.. great attention to detail! (and great fan service!)

Thanks nsw for the positive vibes.

We all had a ball; very exhausting 3 days but the smiles on all the faces kept you going.

The rock crawler display was produced by Ben and Brett. Even at the end, they were still smiling because of the enjoyment that they had provided to so many youngsters [ from 3 to 73 ]. The fact that their rare models had the special silver panels scratched beyond belief did not faze them; two remarkable young AFOLs.legolaugh 

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Rock_crawlers

The super hero display was made by Brent who is one of the few people who has had 2 models reach 10000 on Cuusoo. Brent is a truly remarkable builder. His display was 3 deep the whole weekend.

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Super_town

I only managed to have the Island of Sodor about 80% finished but it was still well received by the crowds. As I said to a few parents, you spend so much time doing MOCs just to appreciate the looks on the faces on the little ones.

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Island_of_sodor_1

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Island_of_sodor_2

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Island_of_sodor_3

Attention Interstate AFOLs! BrisBricks Brisbane Expo 2013 Island_of_sodor_crowd
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 10 Oct 2013, 1:30 am

Awesome Island!
Would love to have had a closer look. If I didn't work all weekend I would have driven down to have a look, Its only a few hours drive for me. Any more pics?

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Five Thu 10 Oct 2013, 5:00 am

Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:17 am

Thanks, That Friends pool is Absolutely Awesome!

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down