Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension

3 posters

Go down

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension Empty MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension

Post by timmyc1983 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

Hello all, mainly thanks to Ajax for this legohappy as it was pointed out (quite rightly so) that the cinema needed a bit more to it. So i designed this and after a couple of frustrating weeks waiting for bricklink orders, it's done! Now this is my first real MOD/MOC, and i've seen some much better cinema upgrades out there, but i like mine, nice and simple. I have made it to fit with the modular building, of which i have a few more of now, but i haven;t yet fitted it into my city, more pics to follow. Anyway, here it is!

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 8573238099_aa7ccd7ae1

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 8574310504_a8712f5850

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 8574310336_e3d9516800

and there's more detailed shots on my flikr account here

comment and feedback welcome :D Cheers, Tim.

timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension Empty Re: MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension

Post by Locomotive Annie Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:52 am

Now that does look so much better. Very nice MOD/MOC MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 414665

I like that your cinema has two screens and can play two different films at the same time. Great detailing on the fridges and pick and mix area too.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:37 am

Thanks Annie legohappy yeah i noticed all the others i'd seen did one big cinema, so i decided i wanted to have a 'twin' cinema set up legohappy
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:21 am

I like and now Im even more jealous of your Cinema. Im glad you did the interior, it looks great and now is a decent size. It should look good once you get it back into your city.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm

So i put my Cafe Corner next to the cinema and decided it needs a second story.... So, phase 2 of the cinema extension has been sent to the architects (i'm designing it in LDD)...

It might be a while until it's constructed tho, too many other things to spend $$ on atm, incl 2 mods of some city sets....

I really need a job to feed this addiction legoheadbang
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:25 pm

The trouble is if you have a job that is able to pay well enough to feed the addiction you then don't have enough spare time to build the Lego MOCs you want to build. MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 322983

Your cinema should look seriously nice with a second story btw.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 04 Apr 2013, 3:18 am

timmyc1983 wrote:So i put my Cafe Corner next to the cinema and decided it needs a second story.... So, phase 2 of the cinema extension has been sent to the architects (i'm designing it in LDD)...

It might be a while until it's constructed tho, too many other things to spend $$ on atm, incl 2 mods of some city sets....

I really need a job to feed this addiction legoheadbang

Great, I didn't want to say it but when you put it in your city I thought the same thing, It needs a second story. Will it be an apartment or another theatre? It would be cool if you made a special 'Gold Class' theatre or maybe a 3D theatre upstairs.
I really need a job to feed my addiction and too, I have started making a zoo and think its going to cost me maybe $1000 to finish it.
On Flicka yesterday there was a MOC that almost made me cry, It was called Dalheim Medieval Diorama, It was in a MOC lego group, you have to check it out.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:13 am

Locomotive Annie wrote:The trouble is if you have a job that is able to pay well enough to feed the addiction you then don't have enough spare time to build the Lego MOCs you want to build. MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 322983

Haha that's so true Annie. The only reason i'm coming up with all these MODs/MOCs atm is cos i have nothing better to do, as soon as i get a job tho....

Ajax wrote:Great, I didn't want to say it but when you put it in your city I thought the same thing, It needs a second story. Will it be an apartment or another theatre? It would be cool if you made a special 'Gold Class' theatre or maybe a 3D theatre upstairs.
I really need a job to feed my addiction and too, I have started making a zoo and think its going to cost me maybe $1000 to finish it.
On Flicka yesterday there was a MOC that almost made me cry, It was called Dalheim Medieval Diorama, It was in a MOC lego group, you have to check it out.

The second story will be an IMAX style theatre, very large screen and seating for 20 minifigs, and a bar as well. And a raised area where the projectionist (is that a word??) can sit, altho it's very squishy legounsure but i have finished the interior i'm just trying to figure out how to finish the roof....

A zoo!!! lego8O Ever since i was 8 i wanted to have a LEGO zoo! I had the Duplo zoo when i was really young and desperately wanted to use that in my LEGO city later, but didn't want to mix LEGO and Duplo haha I'd be keen to see how your zoo turns out!

And i'll check out that diorama now too :D

timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:18 am

Its in the MOC feedback group.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:38 am

I'm much more into 'city' and building my city but that is spectacular and i can certainly appreciate the work and effort that goes into building something like that.... That waterfall is absolutely stunning!!!! I can hope that my city is one day even half as spectacular as that diorama... lego@_@
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 5:08 pm

The cinema has final drawings from the architects and the owner is keen for the extension to go ahead, he's just waiting for council approval, the town hall seems to be spending all its time on weddings.... (the truth is i have no money to buy the required bricks right now legosad ) Hopefully end of April maybe...
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm

Hello everyone, finally, 3 months in the making, the second story of the cinema is complete. It features a very large IMAX style screen, seating for 20 minifigs, a bar and refreshments counter and art deco exterior to match the buildings original design! A couple of pictures here for you and for those interested, there's more on my flickr :D hope you like it!

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 9159386514_d1d55dc3c2
Here's an overall look of the building

MOD: Town Plan Cinema Extension 9157165765_042d2fbc5d

And here's an overview of the interior.

Comments always more than welcome legoeyeshutlaughing
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down