Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby?

3 posters

Go down

Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby? Empty Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby?

Post by Paul B Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:43 am

A some what strange question, would you ever "discourage" somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby?

Background: At work we have somebody who has a habit of jumping on to what other people are doing. In the past when somebody was talking about fishing he went and purchased a heap of fishing gear to also do it. A few months ago he found out somebody has a collection of guns and now he wants to get in to this too. He gets obsessed with things and does not leave the people above alone now he thinks they are his "friend". His manager has had multiple talks with him about this in the past.

I am on leave at the moment but have heard that he is keen to talk to me about LEGO and getting in to it when I return from leave.

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby? Empty Re: Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby?

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 13 Sep 2013, 3:15 pm

Sounds like he needs help, though we all know Lego is good for the mind.....stops me from going crazy.legowink 
It's that it's a person's choice if they wish to over do themselves on a theme of the month, you can only suggest him not to go crazy buy, buy, buying everything.....hook him on one theme as long it's not your favourite theme so he doesn't drive you crazy.
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby? Empty Re: Discourage somebody from taking up the LEGO hobby?

Post by Paul B Sat 14 Sep 2013, 4:46 am

Thanks for the reply. He has already decided that he wants to get in to my theme (Technic) and I have heard he has a list of questions for me when I get back legosad

I will see what happens and if I can steer him in the right direction.

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Tue 17 Sep 2013, 2:28 am

You might need to tell a white lie and let him know you are getting bored with Lego and looking at doing other hobbies, hobbies you haven't decided on yet.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down