Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink?

+4
Ajax
Kaila
jigsaw
Locomotive Annie
8 posters

Go down

Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink? Empty Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink?

Post by Locomotive Annie Sat 09 Feb 2013, 6:56 am

Having done a reasonable amount of buying on Bricklink I'm finding that I prefer to buy bricks from sellers in the Netherlands most of all. The sellers are well organised, tend to be very professional, pack and send orders very quickly and the postage rates are excellent. Sellers in Denmark and Germany are high on my preference list as well.
The country I deal with absolutely the least is the USA because their postage charges are bizarre and are way more expensive than anyone else.
Sellers in the Czech Republic have the cheapest prices, but the postage takes forever and you wouldn't want to be in a hurry for anything.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink? Empty Re: Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink?

Post by jigsaw Sat 09 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

im having more grief with US sellers as well, however they have the cheapest prices most of the time.

you are right.. dutch and german sellers kick a$$
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink? Empty Re: Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink?

Post by Kaila Mon 11 Feb 2013, 11:13 am

Yup Netherlands here, Belgium is ok and USA was reasonable for me. I've only had one bad order and it came from a %&@# in Portugal and I will be very careful buying from those kind of countries in future.

See this thread if you want to witness the horror -

https://aussielegofans.forummotion.com/t893-do-you-have-a-lego-nightmare-see-mine
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Mon 11 Feb 2013, 2:01 pm

portugal... i have almost bought from a store there a couple of times... will be careful

avoid BRicksters or Brooklyn bricks if you can
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:30 am

jigsaw wrote:portugal... i have almost bought from a store there a couple of times... will be careful

avoid BRicksters or Brooklyn bricks if you can

Sorry my mistake, that bad seller was from Ecuador.. Legoman442.

Here is the link to his shop http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legoman442

When I showed him the pics of what i received and said I wasn't happy with his business practices he started threatening me and said he will blacken my buyer status and write bad stuff about me all over the BL forums.. he was such a nice seller lol.

Which countries do you prefer to deal with on Bricklink? Img_3318
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:46 am

This is all good to know, I was always to scared to buy from Europe and always selected Australian stores and paid the extra or USA stores if I couldn't get it in Australia. I don't know what was bothering me about buying from Europe I guess I was scared they wouldn't understand me or something, lol. Anyway I see a lot of lego on bricklink from the Netherlands and will use them in the future, heck my Mum was born there anyway and that makes me half Dutch I guess.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:44 am

Most of the traders in the Netherlands and Germany speak very good English and I've never had any problems with communication.

Some other countries, - not so much legotoungesmall
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Thu 14 Feb 2013, 6:52 am

Kaila wrote:
See this thread if you want to witness the horror -

https://aussielegofans.forummotion.com/t893-do-you-have-a-lego-nightmare-see-mine

That is just plain awful, - no wonder you were disappointed. o.O

Maybe he thought MISB meant, 'messed up-in-scrappy-box'.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Thu 14 Feb 2013, 11:40 am

Locomotive Annie wrote:
Maybe he thought MISB meant, 'messed up-in-scrappy-box'.

LOL!
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Five Wed 03 Apr 2013, 4:45 pm

Dunno how I missed this thread. (0_0)

So far, in my time on Bricklink I have only bought from German and Dutch Sellers.
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Wed 03 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

I've had good service from sellers in the UK too.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

I have 'just' received orders from Germany and Hungary. They were about the only ones who had the quantity of parts I wanted.

Both parcels arrived in about 10 days; both being realistic postage.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 10 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

During my massive spending spree I bought lots of bricks and parts from a shop called AFOL Supply in the Netherlands which certainly provided me with great service !!!

Fast invoicing and ships the next day which I really prefer instead of waiting ages because I just wanna build, build and build legolaugh
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:10 am

I've had great service from the Netherlands too. German traders are usually very good as well, just recently I needed a small spare part for one of my 12volt motor bogies and I received it by the end of the week and the postage was very reasonable.
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:53 am

brickie wrote:I have 'just' received orders from Germany and Hungary. They were about the only ones who had the quantity of parts I wanted.

Both parcels arrived in about 10 days; both being realistic postage.

Can you tell us the store names, I need to do a big order soon of plates and grey slopes etc. I would like to use someone trusted.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Thu 11 Apr 2013, 2:55 am

Free Spirit wrote:During my massive spending spree I bought lots of bricks and parts from a shop called AFOL Supply in the Netherlands which certainly provided me with great service !!!

Fast invoicing and ships the next day which I really prefer instead of waiting ages because I just wanna build, build and build legolaugh

Thanks, I like it when you tell us the store name, I will have a look at what they have.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:22 am

I forgot to mention that you receive a A4 size checklist style receipt/invoice so you can tick off each item which is better than a photocopied order which I find very helpful too legohappy

Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Fri 12 Apr 2013, 5:18 pm

Ajax wrote:Thanks, I like it when you tell us the store name, I will have a look at what they have.

The feedback system on Bricklink is pretty reliable. You can look at all a sellers negatives and neutrals pretty easily. In my experience any of the larger stores tend to be pretty good.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down