Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street

4 posters

Go down

MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street Empty MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street

Post by jigsaw Thu 25 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

i have decided to MOC the first 2 modulars. there is no way in hell im going to pay ~$2500 for MISB versions, the cost per brick is a waste of money. So, i have decided to hit my warchest of bricks and get into making them myself. i DL'd the instructions from lego.com as PDF's.

before the obvious is stated i will tell you now what i have changed:
1. they will not be the same colours. Market St is red, and Cafe Corner will be a different colour as well. i have tweaked a little bit of each to my liking, and brick availability.

so here is Market St:
-balconies were changed to square
-red instead of blue
-no side part of the build, just the house
MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street IMAG0200

CC is still a work in progress. i have almost finished the ground floor, i need to do another Parts run at Toy corner soon...
- using standard blue bricks instead of the rare and pricey dark blue
- changed the roof part of the ground floor to dark bley, instead of white/light bley.
- the fan above the door is dark bley instead of white
MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street IMAG0203

im not going for complete colour replication. im sure they will look great still being a little different. at the moment these 2 have hammered my parts stash (but when i think about it, this is why i have the stash in the first place), i reckon i might be able to squeeze another 2 modulars out of the guts of my collection.
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street Empty Re: MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street

Post by Xyver Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:08 am

Jigsaw,

I've done one with a red ground floor and dark bley upper levels which turned out really well. Are you going to keep the blue for each level?
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-07-06

https://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Xyver-1/

Back to top Go down

MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street Empty Re: MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street

Post by Ajax Fri 26 Oct 2012, 3:12 am

Looking good, I don't have enough parts to make any of these. I need to buy some ebay bulk lots.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:06 am

Xyver wrote:Jigsaw,

I've done one with a red ground floor and dark bley upper levels which turned out really well. Are you going to keep the blue for each level?

not sure yet. im probably going to have to go white/dark bley or something like that. the roof will be black like the pet shop.

top floor windows are going to be yellow! but, i have a plan to incorporate more yellow into the building to settle it down a bit.

the hotel sign.... well im thinking of changing that all together as well!

btw, bought town hall today too!
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyver Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:19 am

I made my sign in red, with gold 1x1 rounds for the writing, it looks good.

My original attempt can be found here: MOD Cafe Corner and how it looks currently here in Naiaville - I've actually turned the top levels around as it is now waterfront and added a couple of extra awnings and surrounding decks.
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:02 am

i saw your CC last night! good work on it, love the propeller and the colour matches really well.

for the sign... i have something up my sleeve!
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:01 am

finished! a $1500+ MISB built myself for about $150 in extra parts out of my own stash

MOC: my Cafe Corner and Market Street IMAG0219
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyver Tue 06 Nov 2012, 2:13 pm

Looks good jigsaw, great work.

Those top windows are very bright, I can't decide whether they work or not.
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Tue 06 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

Xyver wrote:Looks good jigsaw, great work.

Those top windows are very bright, I can't decide whether they work or not.

sadly i had a choice between red and yellow window frames only. im not 100% on it either, but it's a case of making do with resources legosad
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:30 am

I like the grey and yellow in the structure.....Brick On 'JS' ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down