Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner?

4 posters

Go down

The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner? Empty The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner?

Post by SnapLock Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:14 am

Hi all, my partner and i live in a 3 bedroom house, and 1 of the rooms is...well the "Lego train room"
last night she told me she doesn't understand Lego.

She asked why do i buy it if i don't play with it. she just kept on repeating the " Lego does something its meant to be played with, & you just seem to set it up like some Reenactment of a town. ( of course when i said to her that's what it is a " town a diorama" she said "No Lego does something, its meant for kids to play with & your not a kid & you don't even play with it!!".......... legoheadbang

So a long story short she wants me to half the amount of track and just have a small trestle table in the room with a oval track. for my trains to run on legonothanks legosad2
Has anyone else had this problem about their partner not understanding that Lego can be for adults too?
anyways i will keep you posted as to the outcome.
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner? Empty Re: The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner?

Post by jigsaw Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:44 am

my missus is on the fence, better than a year ago when she thought it 'pathetic'. what i have told her, is that: i dont gamble, i dont go out clubbing anymore, i dont drink heavily/weekly... that i dont have expensive negative habits, and on the scale of things this lego hobby is harmless.

we've been out with some other couples and it comes up. the blokes are all cool with it, and we discover that they collect/hobby into something. at a wedding once she told them i was into lego, and the other bloke told me he collects hot wheels cars.. and hunts them down from all over the world. both girls realised that most guys like collecting something in some shape or form. some collect playboy magazines, guns, cars, computer stuff, coins, stamps, mine is lego at the moment.

she is starting to see it now. im home, i 'behave' myself, and im happy. i dont really involve her in it, she is not interested. i also tell her that our future kids are sorted for toys!

she knows i liked modelling. i have built some tamiya kits, and i played simcity pretty full on for 10yrs, so she sees this as my new outlet.

it might be hard, but just point out that you dont sit in a pub all day, or spend half your pay at the TAB. or down at the pokies
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner? Empty Re: The Dreaded 'Lego talk' from your partner?

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:57 am

I guess our misses would prefer Lego collecting over Playboy collecting ! legolaugh
Mine too, though she likes my buildings.....her prefer is houses actually, but I do have to pack away stuff I don't use much of. legowink
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:19 am

jigsaw wrote:

it might be hard, but just point out that you dont sit in a pub all day, or spend half your pay at the TAB. or down at the pokies

Very true.
I will also try to explain to her that because i work nights i miss out on playing competition Darts,8ball, 10 pin bowing , indoor cricket etc that my mates do during week nights . So Lego is a hobby i can do that fits in with my night-shift work.

Or i can say to her at 11pm when i get home from work "Honey im going down the pub to drink and play the pokies " see you at 3am legolaugh lol.
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:28 am

Do you pay the morgage or rent? If so just say, ''I will do whatever I want''.
Try it, you may be surprised.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:36 am

I must be careful what I say.....my wife is the main bread winner in this household ! lego@_@ legolaugh

Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:30 am

Lightningtiger wrote:I must be careful what I say.....my wife is the main bread winner in this household ! lego@_@ legolaugh

so is mine at the moment.... walking on eggshells IRT lego related topics
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:47 am

IRT....you mean thin ice don't you ! legolaugh
Heath is good at keeping secrets ! legolaugh
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down