Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From Brisbane

5 posters

Go down

Hello From Brisbane Empty Hello From Brisbane

Post by DarthKy Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

Hey all,

Im from brisbane and have recently refounded my LEGO obbsesion.
I purchased my first modular the other day and am now hooked!!
I collected lego for years mostly star wars, batman, Pirates, Indiana jones stuff as well as minifigures and other bits and peices but like i said i have now discovered the modulars with the fire station and have already purchased a Petshop and a Grand Emporium and am waiting (impatiently) for them to arrive from th US.
Now I am on a catch up mission wich i can see is goin to be a very expensive exersize!!
I have just discovered LDD also and have spent way too many hours playin around on that thing already i might have some stuff to show see what my new forum mates think.
Anyway thought i would just say hi and introduce myself.

HI!

DarthKy
DarthKy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

Hello From Brisbane Empty Re: Hello From Brisbane

Post by brickie Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:17 am

Welcome to ANZFOL, DarthKy.

Your escape from the dark ages is familiar to most AFOLs.

Check out the lego happenings on the BLTG forum at the bottom of the forum page.

You will find at BLTG a group of Lego liking people who just love showing off their latest creations; whether it is star wars, a car, a train or a building.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Zuloo Mon 23 Jan 2012, 7:35 am

Welcome aboard DarthKy! Pirates and trains are where it's at my friend, so you'll have to get right back into those, but the modulars are certainly some impressive sets. I only own the first three, so I'm jealous of your in-transit LEGO purchases.
Anyway, welcome and I hope you can take a lot out of this board!
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

Welcome along DarthKy,

I'm also a fan of the modular buildings. I'd second brickie in suggesting looking up the BLTG. It makes a huge difference to meet other adult lego fans.

Peter
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickton Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:22 am

Hello Darthky

I am also in the Brisbane Lego Train Group along with Brickie (although he might deny it because he is mean legotroll )....and I would like to welcome you to Brisbane and hopefully you can come join us.

I have also only relatively recently come out of the dark ages legoeyeshutlaughing and really like the modular buildings. I missed the first 2 (Market street, and cafe corner) so ended up putting them together from downloaded instructions and many bricklink orders which turned out to be quite an ordeal.

But given that new-in-the-box each was around $800 lego8O it was also much cheaper. Now I have the whole series and am looking forward to the next one coming out soon which is likely to be a town hall and looks excellent.

In fact the group is having a meeting on the 28th Jan at Bricks'n'fun which is a lego store run by one of our members.

I should add that Brickie is not really mean...just misunderstood legolaugh

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down