Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! *wave*

4 posters

Go down

Hello!  *wave* Empty Hello! *wave*

Post by dogfin Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

Hi all!

I'm a newbie to the Lego thing. It all started with a fateful trip to Target one Saturday. I already collect some other toys and went to Target to check them out and there, as soon as I walked in there were the new Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley Harry Potter Lego sets. I fell in love immediately but wasn't sure if it was time to start another collection! Luckily, my boyfriend got the hint and so for my birthday he got me the two Hogwarts Castle sets. I spent the following weekend putting them together (I think my boyfriend felt slightly neglected) and the rest is history.

Straight away I was online and checking out where to get the remaining sets and apart from the Diagon Alley set (which seem to have vanished from all Targets here in Canberra), the Trolley and the Lab I am now the proud owner of all the Harry Potter Lego sets.

I also have started getting the Collectible Minifigures which I absolutely adore. I had seen them previously and thought they were cute but hadn't taken the plunge. I was able to find Series 3 and Series 4 at Big W and Series 5 at Target which has 20% off Lego this week. I'm looking online to get the Minifigures from Series 1 and Series 2 I want and to fill some of the holes. I spent this morning in Target and Big W feeling all the bags and my thumbs were really sore on the way home. From Series 3 I'm missing the Samurai and from Series 4 the monster, hazmat guy and mad scientist.

Also love the Lego emoticons! legohappy

Cheers!

Last edited by dogfin on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

dogfin
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Hello!  *wave* Empty Re: Hello! *wave*

Post by Brickton Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

Hey Dogfin

There are many great collectors in Canberra and you should make yourself know to the Canberra Lego Group...in fact tnhey only recently had a lego convention down in Canberra which I had the good fortune to attend. They were great hosts and I am sure would love to hear from you. Just go back to the forum list and in the "LUGS" section you will find the CLUG if you have not already.

Welcome to an end to the age of darkness...and bathe in the light of coloured plastic.

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiman Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:06 am

Hello and *wave back*
Daiman
Daiman
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N06/sets/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:06 am

Welcome to ANZFOL Dogfin,

I'm sure Cpt. Zuloo will be happy to have another Canberra Lego Fan. I've always been tempted by the Harry Potter sets as they make great spare parts for train and town, though I do have to swap all the heads and hands to a more natural yellow colour legotoungesmall I'm a bit addicted to the Collectable minifigs too. I tend to buy a box from overseas, since they work out a lot cheaper per fig that way.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dogfin Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I found out about the BrickExpo on the Monday after it was on and was really bummed to miss it.

I will definitely check out the Canberra Lego Group.

I can understand how the Collectible Minifigures could become addictive! I'm limited myself though to those that I really like - hopefully I can stay strong. legoeyeshutlaughing

I was also wondering if there were any suggestions of other forums and blogs/lego news sites that are really good?

dogfin
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum