Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boardie

3 posters

Go down

New Boardie Empty New Boardie

Post by lostdriveway Sun 14 Nov 2010, 1:20 am

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the boards and my main drawcard back into the world of LEGO is trains as well. My Dad has always been in the model train industry both through retail owning a hobby shop and also with his personal interests. I always liked lego as a kid but I didn't get into it a whole lot (although my brother did) and its only been in the last 8 months that the spark was lit and I started reliving my youth.

Over the next couple of months I'll be picking up the currents sets myself and will begin working on a dual track layout. My theme at this stage is going to be intermodel / farming and if I have enough room a circus. I'm a huge circus train fan so I'm going to try and make my own Ringling Bros. train.

I'll certainly keep you up dated as I go along... I'm currently in the sorting / rebuilding phase with all the lego I had growing up!

Cheers

lostdriveway
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

New Boardie Empty Re: New Boardie

Post by Captain Zuloo Sun 14 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

Welcome to ANZFOL lostdriveway!

Firstly, a big congratulations to you for getting back into the hobby. LEGO is great fun, and should have no age cap. I'm really keen on watching the progress of your layout, a circus and circus train sounds fun. How big do you think your layout will get?

Also, have you been along to either of Australia's LEGO events, Brick Expo or Brickvention before?
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lostdriveway Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:24 pm

Hi Captain Zuloo,

No I haven't been to any of the expo's yet. I live on the Gold Coast and as far as I am aware the expo's are down south?
I have though attended the Brisbane Model Train show for most of my life with my dad's shop and I have seen the Brisbane LUG every so often at the show. Also recently I saw the group at the Ipswich model train show and had a chat to a couple of the guys.

I haven't exactly figured out how large I want the layout to be. Big enough to do a decent farm scene, container yard and city / circus. Currently plotting out how I want everything to sit, but of course with lego, anything is possible!

lostdriveway
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Intrastella Mon 15 Nov 2010, 12:09 am

Circus train sounds good, don't think I've seen one before. Welcome aboard!
Intrastella
Intrastella
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: