Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

+14
Kaila
Ajax
brickie
Paul B
dosker
TazManiac
Swashbuckler Petrie
Hemish
guymontag
Lightningtiger
marvinblue
peterab
Captain Zuloo
Free Spirit
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

Post by Swashbuckler Petrie Thu 23 Dec 2010, 10:32 am

Free Spirit wrote:Thanks guys, the size of it completed is beyond anybody's imagination however after making some more alterations this afternoon I find myself staring at the possibility of filling up half of my two car garage just for starters legowink

I think I am obsessed with it legolaugh

I think as obsesions go this is quite a good one. legotounge
Swashbuckler Petrie
Swashbuckler Petrie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Title : Into hugging
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

Post by Free Spirit Thu 23 Dec 2010, 1:53 pm

As stated above I have spent a few hours making alterations to the layout which can seen below at this link,

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=51278&id=100000472870912&l=2dfea3cd67

You should be starting to get a fairly good idea of what I am starting to put together for those who love my work legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Thu 30 Dec 2010, 12:05 am

Captain Zuloo wrote:One other thing RE your photos - are they only working because we're friends on Facebook, or is that a public gallery?

It appear not to be public cause I cant see it :-(
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TazManiac Thu 30 Dec 2010, 2:16 am

do you mean it's 1.5 meters by 4 meters?
or is it 15 meters by 40 meters ( 1500cm x 4000 cm) BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 285605
TazManiac
TazManiac
Pirate Master
Pirate Master

Title : Expert Convict Brick layer
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 30 Dec 2010, 4:49 am

It sounds like I need to get some advice here because of some can see what I am doing and some cannot !!!

My preference would be to set a website specifically to promote the buildings and constructions shown thus far of my LEGO Town as I have an ambitious and futuristic goal to build a major attraction to be based here in my home state of Tasmania.

I'm talking of a building which will house a full scale LEGO City that makes you and others want to keep coming back to see it more than once.

My garage is beginning to look the part but when the space runs out where does it go from there which is why I am putting my ambitious goal on the forum for all to see right here and now !!!

My obsession with building LEGO is beyond your wildest dreams unless you are prepared to stick around to see what is coming next legolaugh
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Fri 18 Feb 2011, 3:29 am

Six weeks have surpassed and a lot has been built which I am keeping under wraps other than that I have constructed a section of it which fits within a 185 cm by 230 cm rectanglular base which is three trestle tables put side by side !!!

Anyway, I am embarking on a different path for a few weeks as I have decided to commence re-building some of my vintage sets which I have owned since the 1970's to make it all very impressive by the time I finish it.

My first building on the agenda is a 1975 Police Station # 370 legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Sat 14 May 2011, 3:28 am

As shown by the below link my layout is starting to take shape and has become quite advanced in size legohappy

The next step is to build the Train Layout to see whether I can fit it together the way I see it in my eyes.

None of this build it from a computer because LEGO is about using your creative imagination legolaugh

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.222274044465023.74684.100000472870912&l=8cbc99b4ef
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dosker Sat 14 May 2011, 1:08 pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I was looking at the right brick shelf link but in one of the earlier posts there was a sand-crawler...is that yours :D I was thinking of buying one but I'm not entirely sold on it. Do you think it's a good set? I would also really like the Grand Emporium & Green grocer (when I'm done paying off my PotC and Prince of Persia Lego sets) but I'm not sure what to buy first.

dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 18 Jan 2012, 5:58 am

During the past 12 months I have been quietly building my township which has since progressed into quite a sizeable layout as shown by the photos seen in this link below legohappy

I'm pleased with it at this stage but like always it is still a work in progress as I often find new and exciting challenges from the new releases that arrive in stores...I hope you like it !!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.223354417690319.75135.100000472870912&type=3

Cheers Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

I am really impressed with how you are going with this, looking really good.

Paul

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

Free Spirit

As I am not on facebook, I can't see your layout.

Any chance of posting a couple of photos here.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 15 May 2012, 5:21 am

I've changed my layout since my last visit of this topic and there hasn't been much sightings of my work for some time which I will change very soon once I master the layout of the Cargo Station legohappy

Anybody who loves grabbing a bite to eat at places like Burger King / Hungry Jacks, KFC, McDonalds and/or Subway will be pleasantly surprised as I have all four as modulars.

Those who can access facebook will notice the incomplete McDonalds which sits next to my Market Street Modular Building.

I'm aiming to build an extension from the right of the Police Station which has since got the new Ambulance Set # 4431 which I built overnight driving past it therefore heading towards this unbuilt section so watch this space !!!

Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:26 am

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh25

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh26

The following photos showcase the New Castle Newstand and the Barristers & Lawyers Office which I plan to put alongside the Town Hall Modular Building as part of my next display layout.

I think my newly acquired Model Town House # 4954 will most likely sit to the right of the Barristers & Lawyers Office legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:04 am

Nice building, Im also not on facebook so i can't see your whole layout but your brickshelf pics look great.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:19 am

Don't worry too much as I intend to post new photos for everybody to see of a much better layout which I am working on as an extension for the current display layout from Brixhibition 2012 legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:29 am

Being shopping in the US have we......Pixel Cola eh ?
Nice work 'FS', so does that mean you don't want my row of shops or you want something changed on it ? (still working on it if you read my reply in my NM2012 topic)
Brick On anyway 'FS' ! legohappy
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 27 Nov 2012, 4:23 am

Thanks for the comments and I can declare that I do shop for Custom Made Modulars built by Brickbuilderspro and others based in the United States.

Lightingtiger, I aim to put your row of shops where the News-stand is currently sitting to improve the look of Central Square which is starting to take shape legowink

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh29

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh30

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh31

The news-stand will therefore be put along the waterfront with perhaps an Ice Cream Truck to compliment it ensuring that the minifigure size patrons have somewhere to buy there drink and nibblies legohappy

Last edited by Free Spirit on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:33 am

I didn't know they had those take-away food signs......any interiors ?
Brick On 'FS' ! (okay, I get back to it in say about two or three weeks)
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:51 am

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh32

I took this snapshot of the KFC Custom Made Modular Building without the chicken drumstick when it arrived which showcases what is inside legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

So cool ground floor interior.....though it could of passed as a single storey structure.......hmmm, has 'FreeSpirit' given the tiger an idea ? legolaugh

Hey, check this out 'FS'.....so cool go to this page lego instructions
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:47 am

Lightningtiger wrote:So cool ground floor interior.....though it could of passed as a single storey structure.......hmmm, has 'FreeSpirit' given the tiger an idea ? legolaugh

Hey, check this out 'FS'.....so cool go to this page lego instructions

That page is great, gives me lots of ideas. Love the way the tiles are done on the Taco Bell building. Not overly keen on the KFC, I actually prefer freespirit's.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

Free Spirit wrote:BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 2 Snapsh32

I took this snapshot of the KFC Custom Made Modular Building without the chicken drumstick when it arrived which showcases what is inside legohappy

This building is really nice, where did you get your KFC stickers from? Also love the Hungry Jacks building you have, they look great together and very modern.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 28 Nov 2012, 2:56 am

I'm not taking a credit for the Burger King, KFC and Subway buildings I own as I found them on EBay.

AccurateBrick Innovators and Brickbuilderspro I find are the best at sourcing these fantastic looking buildings which include more like Dominos Pizza and a range of Service Stations like Caltex and Shell etc !!!

It's hard to resist buying them when you put them together like I am trying to do legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Wed 28 Nov 2012, 3:52 am

Oh Ok, I learn more everyday, now I know where the orange, yellow and brown lego leaves come from. They have great stuff, Don't know how their store never came up in my ebay searches before. Some of their food items and other small details are awesome.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Wed 28 Nov 2012, 3:59 am

Sorry forgot to ask, what are brickbuilderpro like to deal with?

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next