Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out?

4 posters

Go down

Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out? Empty Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out?

Post by Sammige90 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 3:58 am

I am a newly found Lego Enthusiast, It has been an interest for some time but only recently I have been in a position to start a collection, therefore I only have a few sets that are currently on the market. Mainly Lego city ones.
A small observation I have had that differs from the Lego I remember as a child is the lack of the old eighters (2X4 Brick) as a fundamental building block of any structure. Instead it seems Lego has abandoned them in favor of smaller bricks making the kits more detailed.

I personally like this change but wanted to see others opinion on this, particularly those with young kids who just want to make a simple structure with four walls and a roof.

Sammige90
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Back to top Go down

Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out? Empty Re: Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out?

Post by jigsaw Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:15 pm

welcome, 

lego has evolved rapidly the last decade as they have developed more evolved brick shapes and pieces... and this again rapidly evolves the complex designs that we can make...

so, originally it was one of say 30 types of bricks, today it is one of 1000 bricks available.
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out? Empty Re: Will The old Eighter (2X4 Brick) Phase out?

Post by timmyc1983 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

I don't believe they will ever phase out 2 x 4 bricks, they are still used in many current sets, ie the modular buildings still use them on occasion....
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

The 2x4 still features prominently in the brick buckets, and is used extensively in large sculptural work at the Legoland parks so I can't see it disappearing any time soon.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down