Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train?

+4
Red_Five
Ajax
Lightningtiger
Kaila
8 posters

Go down

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? Empty What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train?

Post by Kaila Wed 28 Nov 2012, 3:10 pm

Thought this could do with a thread just to see what other people's tastes are like..

I really like 7735.

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? 773510

But regarding 7720.. well to me it just looks stupid and down right ugly. Having said that though I'm still wanting to buy it to complete my collection..

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? 7720-110
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? Empty Re: What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train?

Post by Lightningtiger Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:33 pm

Goodness you had to start me off this morning didn't you ? legolaugh
At NUMBER ONE......the EMERALD NIGHT !
At number two......the MAERSK TRAIN !
At number three......3677 red cargo train !

Worst......2010 passenger train.....don't like it's design at all ! legorolleyes
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? Empty Re: What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train?

Post by Ajax Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

I don't own any trains sadly, but I really like the look of the new 2013 orange passenger train, and also the Emerald night train is beautiful.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Five Sat 01 Dec 2012, 4:20 am

Thats a difficult question for someone who likes trains. legotoungesmall

My favorite era of Legotrains was the grey 12V train era, mainly because they were based on real trains of the Deutsche Bundesbahn / German Federal Railway to put it simply.

So my favorite is probably number 7740, cause it was based on the TEE of the 80's. What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? 7740-1

In my opinion the worst train set has been Number 4560.
legoneutral
Red_Five
Red_Five
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotive Annie Sat 01 Dec 2012, 5:11 am

KTR04-1 Is the best !!!
What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? KTR04-1

I have to agree that 4560 is just plain strange. o.O
Locomotive Annie
Locomotive Annie
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Red_Five wrote:Thats a difficult question for someone who likes trains. legotoungesmall

My favorite era of Legotrains was the grey 12V train era, mainly because they were based on real trains of the Deutsche Bundesbahn / German Federal Railway to put it simply.

So my favorite is probably number 7740, cause it was based on the TEE of the 80's.

In my opinion the worst train set has been Number 4560.
legoneutral
Yeah I also love 7740 and have two boxed versions now. I always seem to hear bad things about 4560... always. Maybe one day I'll pick it up (for collection purposes) and have a good look.. Admittedly it does look like a pretty odd set.
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Sat 01 Dec 2012, 2:31 pm

Maersk train is great and 4559 is a rather odd train but very futuristic in a 1980s kind of way legotounge ......The Emerald night would have made my favorites list but the wheels have just started jam up while going in reverse don't get me wrong its a great train just always repairing it which is annoying

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? 10219-10
What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? 4559-111

my least favorite would be the LEGO Passenger Train 7938
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Sun 02 Dec 2012, 2:18 am

My favourite train is the first one I bought for my kids back in the 80s; set 7725. I now have it converted to 9V with 2 extra cars and it still shows the great design skills of the creator back in the late 70s.

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? Pictur11

I don't know what they were smoking in Bilund in the mid 90s, but it certainly effected the thinking of those who designed and produced set 4560. The only redeeming feature of this set, in my opinion, is that a lot of them were quickly resold at good prices and they were great for parts e.g. 9V motor.

What is your favourite and least favourite Lego train? Pictur12
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Fri 07 Dec 2012, 8:43 am

It's weird the range of opinions here, it just shows that not all tastes are the same.

My favorite is probably 725. I'm pretty sure nostalgia plays a strong part here. If I had to pick the 'best' LEGO train I'd go for 10183 - the hobby train, the crocodile is a great design, and a few of the others also really appeal to my as an AFOL train builder.

The worst is hard to choose, I really dislike most of the My Own Train line, though thats mostly because I dislike western American style steam engines, I also think that after some great detailed 9V trains, the MOT line was pretty dumbed down by comparison. 4559 and 4560 are both 'what were they thinking' designs to me. 4511 had a really bad quality single use nose cone, whose fit was so shoddy it has the reputation of falling off the train without provocation.

BTW I think Kaila is being a bit harsh toward 7720. The battery box is pretty awkward in this set, but thats mostly because all the other train parts had improved since that battery box was designed. The engine itself I really like and while the freight cars are not outstanding, there are plenty of worse ones (the eight wide tanker of MOT springs to mind).
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down