Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine..

+5
Lightningtiger
Tsitra
Paul B
SnapLock
Kaila
9 posters

Go down

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Empty Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine..

Post by Kaila Tue 25 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

This thread is fairly self explanatory and can encompass all things ugly Lego related really..

Have a look at this and it may bring a smile.. The BL seller showed me these pics before I ordered 7722 -->

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Dsc00010

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Dsc00310

I paid $357 and thought I would get what was shown.. but here is what turned up in the post today...

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Img_3318

Then after I emailed him asking what the heck was going on he abused me saying I should have told him I was a collector... lol.
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Empty Re: Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine..

Post by SnapLock Tue 25 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

Ouch legosad
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Empty Re: Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine..

Post by Paul B Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:50 am

That sucks, I hate people that do that.

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsitra Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:34 am

If the seller is uncooperative you could always file a paypal claim, stating item "significantly not as described" which will result in a partial refund if paypal side with you. It may also help to post on the BL forums where the community is always more then welcome to give helpful advice (they also appreciate the opportunity to add sellers like this to their least favourites list). Also please make sure you leave appropriate feedback for the seller so others can be given the opportunity to avoid them.

Paul

Tsitra
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:54 pm

Did the seller claim it was M.I.S.B. ?
If it was some where in Oz you might be able to legally do something but if was overseas then only reporting it like other members have suggested.
I feel sorry that you were cheated like that, though it does look complete....is it in good condition ?
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

Oh btw just an update on this set, I was kinda lucky that 2 sellers on BL were selling the 7722 box only. So just to be sure I bought both - 1 from an Aussie for $30 delivered and the other from Germany for $16 delivered. Turns out they are in both great condition although the German box was almost perfect. Pretty happy will post the pic one day soon.
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Thu 28 Mar 2013, 10:49 am

After 25 years of buying LEGO I have today for the first time gotten a broken piece in a new set. It was the battery box of 8043, lucky I have the one off 9398 to use for the moment.

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:32 pm

Paul B wrote:After 25 years of buying LEGO I have today for the first time gotten a broken piece in a new set. It was the battery box of 8043, lucky I have the one off 9398 to use for the moment.

Are you going to claim it back from Lego directly? Considering the exorbitant price we pay in Australia I'd be giving them HELL legowink
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

Kaila wrote:
Paul B wrote:After 25 years of buying LEGO I have today for the first time gotten a broken piece in a new set. It was the battery box of 8043, lucky I have the one off 9398 to use for the moment.

Are you going to claim it back from Lego directly? Considering the exorbitant price we pay in Australia I'd be giving them HELL legowink

Yes I have already filled in the online form legohappy

It was really strange as I thought I had done something wrong during the building process, it was only when I took out the battery box that I noticed no green light on it legosad

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:56 am

Paul, I'm sure that LEGO will come good with a new battery box.

A friend bought a dinosaur set last year and it ended up with 2 left legs [ no right leg ].

It certainly was a 'strange' animal until Lego came up with a new leg.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Fri 17 May 2013, 3:49 am

A New Nightmare, My parents from NSW are coming to stay with me for a few days, I need to find somewhere to hide all my Lego, they don't know I collect/build with it and they just wouldn't understand. They have also given me just 3-4 weeks notice and the house needs a full cleaning too, Its stressing me out. I have so many built sets and MOC's just sitting in cupboards and on tables under sheets waiting for the start of my city build, I don't even know of a good way to store built sets, anyway this Lego addiction of mine is proving harder to hide than a drug addiction. legolaugh

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Fri 17 May 2013, 3:59 am

Ajax wrote:A New Nightmare, My parents from NSW are coming to stay with me for a few days, I need to find somewhere to hide all my Lego, they don't know I collect/build with it and they just wouldn't understand. They have also given me just 3-4 weeks notice and the house needs a full cleaning too, Its stressing me out. I have so many built sets and MOC's just sitting in cupboards and on tables under sheets waiting for the start of my city build, I don't even know of a good way to store built sets, anyway this Lego addiction of mine is proving harder to hide than a drug addiction. legolaugh

Don't hide it..... if they don't like it then that is their choice. Nothing is worse in life then having to hide who you are legosad

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajax Fri 17 May 2013, 4:04 am

Paul B wrote:
Ajax wrote:A New Nightmare, My parents from NSW are coming to stay with me for a few days, I need to find somewhere to hide all my Lego, they don't know I collect/build with it and they just wouldn't understand. They have also given me just 3-4 weeks notice and the house needs a full cleaning too, Its stressing me out. I have so many built sets and MOC's just sitting in cupboards and on tables under sheets waiting for the start of my city build, I don't even know of a good way to store built sets, anyway this Lego addiction of mine is proving harder to hide than a drug addiction. legolaugh

Don't hide it..... if they don't like it then that is their choice. Nothing is worse in life then having to hide who you are legosad

The Lego or the drug addiction? , hehe JK.

Ajax
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Fri 17 May 2013, 4:16 am

Ajax wrote:
The Lego or the drug addiction? , hehe JK.

I thought LEGO was a drug????

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Fri 17 May 2013, 11:07 am

I thought it was the Danish air in new sets that was addictive.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Fri 17 May 2013, 3:00 pm

LOL! Don't worry just post all your sets to us and we'll look after them legowink
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sat 18 May 2013, 3:55 pm

Paul B wrote:

I agree!! In fact i would go as far to say that it's their loss if they don't like it! Your MOCs are great, they should be supportive legohappy my folks are!
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Sun 19 May 2013, 8:35 am

Got from Myer for $111 @20% off.

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Img_3517
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sun 19 May 2013, 8:46 am

Kaila wrote:Got from Myer for $111 @20% off.

Do you have a Lego nightmare? See mine.. Img_3517

lego8O that's not a nightmare! That's awesome... Myer nationwide sale....?
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down