Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom lego.

+2
Free Spirit
BrickOnTheBrain
6 posters

Go down

Custom lego. Empty Custom lego.

Post by BrickOnTheBrain Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:14 am

Recently, lego creators are investing in a new type of lego: CUSTOM! Things such as weapons, accessories and minifigs. Some people like them, some people don't. Personally, I love it. I own lots of custom weapons and stuff like that.

BrickOnTheBrain
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Custom lego. Empty Re: Custom lego.

Post by Free Spirit Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:27 am

I often look on ebay and just drool at the Modular Buildings that are about however at this stage I have yet to purchase anything because most of the time they're advertising just for the instructions to make it legosad
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mattman Thu 24 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

I like the custom lego, it's obviously a complementary product not trying to take sales away from lego.

I am really wary of instructions on ebay. I've seen a few times where someone has posted up instructions for a MOC for people to download (free) and try out, then some clever fellow has then listed those very same instructions on ebay selling for $15 or something. Plain and simple theft and deception IMO (sometimes they even say they have an agreement with the builder).

mattman
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:43 am

I'm pretty sure BricksOnTheBrain is talking about custom parts such as brickarms rather than Mocs.

Since most of the custom parts are military I'm not really interested, but the animals and arealight scooters and guitars and things are tempting, though the prices keep me away.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickton Fri 25 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

I have purchased a couple of Custom MOC instructions thorugh ebay...and although I have yet to make one, I have gone through the instructions and gathered ideas.

There are some very talented people out there and have been inspired by the quality of what some people can do.

I kind of think of it the same as the lego ideas book...and am happy to learn from wherever I can...and if I can reward someone for their good work, as long as I don't claim it as my own, I see it as a win win.

Brickton
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Sat 26 Nov 2011, 1:44 am

I have bought a few times from brickforge (currently waiting on a bunch of test tubes, flasks and riot shields legohappy

I have also bought guns and grenades (from brickarms) for my son.

I have custom cows, pigs and sheep I bought a long time ago (brickforge I believe).

And also scooters, guitars, drumsticks, mushrooms and helmets.

I am not a lego purist though, I like building and creating, so I will source what I want from alternative sources. (even megabloks figures will make there way in, like smurfs and hello kitty :P
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickOnTheBrain Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

Also, you can buy parts for minifigs. I.E clothing made from cloth. Trench coats, holsters and dresses. :0

BrickOnTheBrain
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down