Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!


Cheers,


Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

The Boat & Habour Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Boat & Habour Series

Post by Free Spirit on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 4:10 am

I have just browsing on brickset looking at this upcoming series and thought I would share my opinion with what I have seen from their photos.

The City Habour and Marina I find a little disappointing as they look more like sets that you would of bought in the late 1970's and early 1980's thus the lack of creativity and imagination from the designers of these sets.
Once they arrive on the shelves of my local stores I will have a closer look at them both and perhaps consider buying them which I believe is in June.

On a postitive note I like the new Lighthouse Island set which is better looking than the current Airport Tower which goes to show that the designers who designed this one know what looks good.
I'm definitely going to purchase this one for sure legohappy


_________________
My BrickSet Collection
My Brickshelf Collection

Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 506
Location : Hobart, Tasmania
Registration date : 2009-12-20

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brent_prins/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by AnitaE on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 8:52 am

I actually like that they have a bit of an old school flavour. The Marina reminds me of a non-pink paradisa (which I loved).

But I agree, the lighthouse looks great and is also one I am looking forward to owning.

AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Location : Brisbane
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by Free Spirit on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 9:15 am

Upon reviewing them again I am thinking along the lines of buying them to build an island as part of my full size display.

Both the farm sets and the harbour would look very good together as an exporter of the coal, a fruit plantation consisting mainly of bananas and of course the large selection of sort after produce from the land and sea.

Just a thought to think about in the coming months legohappy

_________________
My BrickSet Collection
My Brickshelf Collection

Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 506
Location : Hobart, Tasmania
Registration date : 2009-12-20

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brent_prins/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by charliechook1 on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 7:56 am

Anyone know when the Bank and Money Transfer set 3661 is coming out in Australia? It's been out overseas since December 2010. TLG really need to start and treat us a bit fairer and not leave us to last and charge us double for the privelage.

charliechook1
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by shieldzee1 on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:15 am

charliechook1 wrote:Anyone know when the Bank and Money Transfer set 3661 is coming out in Australia? It's been out overseas since December 2010. TLG really need to start and treat us a bit fairer and not leave us to last and charge us double for the privelage.
Its out now but you will not find it in-store any time soon as its a hard to find lego kit as listed here http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=3661&cn=128&d=263 this kit is limited run of kits so if like to get one i would order it now before its sold out.

shieldzee1
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 140
Location : Russell Island
Registration date : 2010-10-18

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebrick101show?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by aresze on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 11:36 am

shieldzee1 wrote:
charliechook1 wrote:Anyone know when the Bank and Money Transfer set 3661 is coming out in Australia? It's been out overseas since December 2010. TLG really need to start and treat us a bit fairer and not leave us to last and charge us double for the privelage.
Its out now but you will not find it in-store any time soon as its a hard to find lego kit as listed here http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=3661&cn=128&d=263 this kit is limited run of kits so if like to get one i would order it now before its sold out.

....need to add up $30 for standard delivery...........@#!$@##%! shXt australia lego company. >legosad >legosad >legosad >legosad >legosad

aresze
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 53
Location : Sydney
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by shieldzee1 on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

aresze wrote:
shieldzee1 wrote:
charliechook1 wrote:Anyone know when the Bank and Money Transfer set 3661 is coming out in Australia? It's been out overseas since December 2010. TLG really need to start and treat us a bit fairer and not leave us to last and charge us double for the privelage.
Its out now but you will not find it in-store any time soon as its a hard to find lego kit as listed here http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=3661&cn=128&d=263 this kit is limited run of kits so if like to get one i would order it now before its sold out.

....need to add up $30 for standard delivery...........@#!$@##%! shXt australia lego company. >legosad >legosad >legosad >legosad >legosad
yep that's how it work's they get you on the fee's for shipping that's why they do hard to find kits.

shieldzee1
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 140
Location : Russell Island
Registration date : 2010-10-18

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebrick101show?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Re: The Boat & Habour Series

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:33 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum