Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer

5 posters

Go down

Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer Empty Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer

Post by __PG__ Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:10 am

Hello all. Long time Lego user now getting re-aquainted with it due to my 4 y.o. son.

My question is, does anyone here use Lego Digital Designer? I've installed it on my PC, however the amount of bricks that are available to use are limited to say the least. Is there a way to upgrade/import more element types into the brick palette?

Or is the palette limited to the current 'pick a brick' template on the website?

It seems a bit crazy that you can't even recreate existing Lego kits because half the required pieces are missing. E.g. in the new Star Wars Hoth base, the curved white tower pieces for the gun turret aren't available. The only available colour is transparent blue. And the wider radius curved pieces (e.g the control tower in the recently released Lego Coast Guard boat set) aren't even available.

FYI I'm talking about the tower pieces in this kit Lego Coast Guard 7739

It seems a bit limited that I can't use the digital designer with bricks that I have in my own collection!

__PG__
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer Empty Re: Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer

Post by TazManiac Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:35 am

I've used LDD before and had the same problem I've heard of third party programs that have all the elements available , or lots more than LDD the only down side is you can't order them when built but that doesn't matter to most,
I'll see if I can find one for you ....... Mac or PC?....................

ok here we go
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/best-free-lego-building-program.htm

there's a few here but none seem to have the complete range of bicks have you updated you copy of LLD lately?
sorry I couldn't be more help as I tend to stick to the real thing ..Heaps easier IMO.
good luck and welcome to ANZFOL hope you and your son enjoy what's on offer here and post up some of your handy work.
TazManiac
TazManiac
Pirate Master
Pirate Master

Title : Expert Convict Brick layer
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer Empty Re: Newb question regarding Lego Digital Designer

Post by __PG__ Thu 06 Jan 2011, 10:35 am

I'm running LDD v4.0 on Mac. Brick version 287.

I might try a few other programs, LDraw and Bricksmith. Thanks for the link!

Some more googling has found this link Eurobricks - Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

I'll let you know how I go.

EDIT : It works.

Last edited by __PG__ on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

__PG__
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by shieldzee1 Thu 06 Jan 2011, 10:42 am

try unlocking LDD.
go in to
LDD folder and open preferences.ini in note pad and type in " Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse " (without the quotes) at the end of the text then save it when you open LDD it unlocks LEGO Universe mode what unlocks all bricks that lego has.

shieldzee1
shieldzee1
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebrick101show?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLead Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:11 am

I personally would avoid LDD like the plague. I use LDraw, which has more parts, more colours, greater control over part positioning, supported by professional ray-tracing software...you name it.

GreenLead
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-06-16

http://www.alphacompanyforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daiman Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

I use LDD and am loving it...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53760

to unlock all bricks in whatever colour you like from their pallette.

My egs at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N06/

I find it fast and to a high standard though without the rendering capability of others. Great to get ideas down before the big build.

Daiman
Daiman
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N06/sets/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down