Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name your poison.

+4
ISC
Blockbuster
Redboost
Cpt. PB
8 posters

Go down

Name your poison. Empty Name your poison.

Post by Cpt. PB Wed 04 Mar 2009, 11:47 am

Basically what alcohol do you enjoy drinking.

my top three are

Pure blondes

Jaeger

Bacardi

So what are yours?
Cpt. PB
Cpt. PB
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Cat Lover
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Name your poison. Empty Re: Name your poison.

Post by Redboost Thu 05 Mar 2009, 1:06 pm

When I used to drink, Tooheys Extra Dry and Southern Comfort and Coke were my fav brewskies. But ever since I got myself into an embarrassing situation a few years back, I've sworn off drinking. legotounge

Redboost
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt. PB Fri 06 Mar 2009, 5:39 am

Its called poison for a reason. I agree on not drinking much, I probably drink once or twice a month. I never drink to the extent of it being a "binge". A beer, or two at a bbq/dinner, A Jaeger when I go out (hardly ever). Then a Bacardi when I feel like one.

The most embarrassing moment I had was kissing my mate on the cheek one Christmas eve, telling him how much I loved him and treasured his friendship legolaugh Care to share yours :D3
Cpt. PB
Cpt. PB
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blockbuster Thu 12 Mar 2009, 1:03 am

Bourbon...cheap and nasty is fine. pukebrick
Beer...any. Victorian made is usually preference but really....any.
Been on the girlie legohappy-4: drinks coz of my wife a little bit. At 7% alcohol per volume the Cruiser Blacks are ok value for money and taste just like soft drink. legotounge

As for embarassing stories of filth and degradradion while inebriated I have too many.
That said I hardly drink at the moment. On a health buzz. legohappy:
Blockbuster
Blockbuster
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ISC Sun 22 Mar 2009, 11:05 am

Looks like we are a sad bunch, swearing off the booze like myself. When I did partake in the poison though, it was Bacardi, Malibu (choose your soft drink) and nice beers like TED's or Corona if it has lemon/lime in it.

Wine gives me headaches and allergies to Whites doesn't help much either. Beer makes me bloated so just a couple now and then, but the smooth Bacardi is the winner when out and about.
ISC
ISC
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Screambob Clonepants
Name your poison. Moc_master3
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt. PB Tue 24 Mar 2009, 7:02 am

I wonder if there is a correlation of Lego users and not drinking in excess!

Although when you think about prior EB meetings there was booze abundant, so perhaps not or EB admin is the exception to the rule. :legoeyeshutlaughing:
Cpt. PB
Cpt. PB
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ISC Tue 24 Mar 2009, 10:45 am

Maybe they drank in abundance for themselves, they may be all Cadbury's, you know a glass and a half!
ISC
ISC
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Screambob Clonepants
Name your poison. Moc_master3
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Sat 04 Apr 2009, 8:27 am

I used to drink like a fish, and would like to still but since I suffer from depression, and even a few drinks makes it worse (pretty bad for the next week or so) I pretty much limit myself to drinking once every few months. When I do drink now its mostly European Beers. I particularly like Pilsners, Largers and Lambics.

I really like silver Tequillas, Brandy and Bourbon but will pretty much try anything once.

My most embarassing acts while enebriated; Snogging my sister, telling my girlfriend I wanted to marry another of our friends (in front of both of them), and breaking a salad bowl. Why's the salad bowl so embarassing? Because it was the only thing to break when I fell into the tressle table with all the food on it, and it was the same night as the other two events. There are definite disadvantages to being able to skull a 750ml bottle of Southern and still walk and talk legosmile2 I think I broke your correlation, though the minimum sample size for any valid statistical test is about 20 and more is always better.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by marvinblue Tue 07 Apr 2009, 2:56 am

Toohey's Extra Dry Cougar Bourbon for me! I always have some Jack Daniels around but, that's for special occasions.
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Optimus Dragon Fri 26 Jun 2009, 4:06 pm

Not that I drink to the point of no return.... but I do and enjoy a very lovely and cold beer or two.. or three.... or never mind! :lego@_@:

I have so many memorable and embarrassing moments, but I believe the worst one was when I was at my friends house just watching a football match... and suddenly just when our team was about to score... he changed the channel!!!... I saw in front of me a very bright light and notice that all alcohol that I put in my glass was dripping... (I thought the glass had a hole!) but NOT!... I was laying on the floor watching the roof alone and asking my friend, in a very disturbed way, why he changed the channel!
OH NO MY HEAD!!!! legolaugh

Since then... I still drink, but not in to point of abuse, not good! not healthy and NO NO! very bad idea
Optimus Dragon
Optimus Dragon
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-06-01

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/19135

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt. PB Sun 02 Aug 2009, 8:51 pm

With life picking up pace, the Jaeger has been drunk to relax me more. Found mixing with pepsi max better than coke for some reason...
Cpt. PB
Cpt. PB
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xwfalc Sat 19 Sep 2009, 9:45 am

He he, we all seem to be getting 'off the wagon' rather than on. I use to drink a fair bit. Wild Turkey was my choice for a tipple. However i to had an accident involving booze......and lego.

Did you know that the UCS Star Destroyer doesnt bounce....well, in one piece anyway......Alchohol and Lego do NOT mix to good. Mind you, i can laugh now, but i havent even looked in the box for two and a half years now
xwfalc
xwfalc
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Title : Static train builder
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-08

http://www.toycorner.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum