Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon

4 posters

Go down

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon Empty Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon

Post by marvinblue Sun 25 Jul 2010, 4:07 am

Welcome to the latest installment of my reviews, World Racers - Snake Canyon. The wife and I went to Target the other day and I spotted this set. I bought this as I thought that it looked like a great little set and I could use the bikes in my City. I bought it on sale for $14, normally Target have it listed for $18. It was a no-brainer build, although the stickers could be quite tricky for little ones to apply. Overall, this set took about half an hour, give or take, to assemble and place the stikers.

Name: Snake Canyon
Theme: World Racers
Year: 2010
Pieces: 57
Minifigs: 2
Price: AUD $17.99 (S@H)

Front of the box:
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040410

Back of the box:
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040411

Contents. For the size of the set, there is quite a large sticker sheet:
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040412

The next four show off the minifigs. All the graphics were printed onto the bodies and helmets, one of the features that I really liked. Both figs have reversible heads as well. The dirt bike rider's goggles are fixed, while the black visor on the other helmet moves up and down.
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040413

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040414

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040415

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040416

The assembled set. Since the set is called Snake Canyon, TLG even include a rattlesnake! The green plate is meant to have a "21" on it. I broke this set up for parts, so I didn't use this sticker. The missles do fire, underneath the assembly is a rubber piece which provides the "spring" for the missle. I rekon these bikes look cool!!
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040417

Finally, the leftovers:
Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon P1040418

Overall, its a nice little set. For the size of the set, the price is a little steep, but I could justify it due to the printing on the helmets and bodies. There is definately some huge playability for the target audience of 7-14, but for me, I couldn't pass up these bikes and figs for the sale price. If you have little boys in your family, or you just want some cool riders and bikes for your layout, this set is definately reccommended!!!
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon Empty Re: Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon

Post by peterab Sun 25 Jul 2010, 6:20 am

This is tempting for me too, as I'd like that lime green trail bike, and an extra black road bike never hurts.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon Empty Re: Review - 8896 World Racers - Snake Canyon

Post by Hemish Sun 25 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

These sets are one of the fwe that do nothing for me at all

Hemish
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickTango Tue 27 Jul 2010, 9:02 am

For $14 I might buy this and the others of this series I think!

Great review thank you!
BrickTango
BrickTango
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Thu 29 Jul 2010, 5:16 am

Hemish wrote:These sets are one of the fwe that do nothing for me at all

I'd agree except for the motorbike bits in a cheap set, all the others in this them have no appeal to me.
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down