Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

+14
Kaila
Ajax
brickie
Paul B
dosker
TazManiac
Swashbuckler Petrie
Hemish
guymontag
Lightningtiger
marvinblue
peterab
Captain Zuloo
Free Spirit
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

Post by Lightningtiger Sun 20 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm

Okay, so you're getting as bad as me 'FreeSpirit' LOL
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been up to.......which reminds me to knuckle down and start building more on my town.
Brick On 'FS' ! legohappy 
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Empty Re: BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP

Post by Free Spirit Tue 22 Jul 2014, 5:26 am

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh10

The first snapshot showcases the Coca Cola Truck entering the township of Afterten.

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh12

The second and more centred snapshot reveals the boutique shops featured along the Main Street of the small township of Afterten.

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh13

The third snapshot showcases the corner of Main Street and Market Street with the corner building featuring the Market Street Bank

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh14

The final snapshot showcases part of Market Street and the early stages of Afterten Bay.
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jigsaw Wed 23 Jul 2014, 9:43 pm

that looks supercool. i love the custom Modulars.

what are your plans for the water area? beach or a marina?
jigsaw
jigsaw
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 24 Jul 2014, 6:26 am

I am planning to create a beachfront with sand and waves along the waterfront which ultimately will connect Afterten to the next township being White Acres.

White Acres is a new township that I am really excited about because I have been working on a few Custom Modulars that will shape the start of changing the original farming land into a new culture of boutique shopping for the locals and the tourists who will be staying there for a night or two legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Mon 28 Jul 2014, 5:59 am

I can't wait to see what you have next install 'FS'............Brick On !  legohappy 
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Breezy Mon 28 Jul 2014, 7:02 am

That's really nice work, Free Spirit. Really nice.
Breezy
Breezy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2013-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 22 Sep 2014, 4:46 am

Update time, In this photo it showcases the council workers pulling their resources together to complete the right hand side pavement of High Street.

The landscaping in the park and around the train station are next which will finish off the early stages of Afterten  legohappy

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh15

Once completed I will be crossing over the Level Crossing which sits behind the Train Station to start work on the new suburb of Parklands and White Acres which will make this whole project one very big project legowink
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:24 am

Nice town area you are creating there. It does look like it's going to be a huge project, which is great legohappy

I love the net row of modulars and the park is off to a great start too!

I can't wait to see the next installment of Afterten and beyond!! legoeyeshutlaughing happy building!
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

What! The council workers are actually moving. That certainly doesn't happen up here.

Great build though.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 22 Sep 2014, 4:29 pm

Just for the record the council workers and I are working around the clock to complete this layout to a presentation stage for the local event being Brixhibition Hobart 2014 to be held in a few weeks time !!!

I am confident that it will come up nicely in the coming week before the whole reveal to the general public legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 13 Oct 2014, 4:38 am

As shown here my township has become very large as a result of putting a lot of effort into getting it ready for display at the fourth annual running of Brixhibition Hobart 2014 where these photos were taken.

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh16

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh17

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh18

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh19

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh20

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh21

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh22

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh23

A second set of photographs were taken on the second day which showcase more details of the activity within the layout which I intend to release as soon as possible.

Anyway enjoy what you can see from the helicopter cam  legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:30 am

Looks good FS
Good to see that Tassies get to go to quality shows.
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 14 Oct 2014, 7:53 am

Thanks brickie,

Brixhibition Hobart has come a long way since it started four years as it keeps growing bigger and better every year thanks largely to the local support base of fans who keep asking for more of it.

In turn the membership base of the club grows with it too legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightningtiger Tue 28 Oct 2014, 11:22 pm

Great layout 'FS', though a sign saying please don't touch is actually an invite for kids to touch ! legolaugh
Brick On !
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:56 am

It is a pity I don't take much notice of the signs either because I have since taken the liberty of improving it for next year.

At present I am steadily working towards making improvements on the size of my layout next to Black Velvet which stood by itself in front of the Ferris Wheel by adding a few more modular buildings that will include the Lion Heart Hotel and the Trilogy Bar.

Photos will be revealed of their progression coming soon legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 26 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh10

The main reason for releasing this basic photo of the crowd standing around the barbecue is because of the occasion being Australia Day and that it will be improved upon to fit into a section of the refurbished waterfront of my full scale layout.

Some of the updated works will be released for you too see very soon legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Reventon Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:27 pm

Love your setup. The MOC modulars look great too. Will be watching and waiting for me progress legowink

Reventon
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 04 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh11

As shown by the photo I have started to improve the look of the beachfront by adding more detail next to the Seaside House.

My plan is to start with a walking track that extends out onto the water to ultimately run along a hillside which will feature the retaining wall made from the light bluish grey profiled bricks and a few extras to be revealed once I complete this section of the waterfront.

Lets hope it takes shape quickly before another change is made by the Town Planner legolaugh
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 08 Oct 2015, 6:02 am

Just bought one hundred and eight straight tracks to commence the build of my LEGO train layout that will ultimately lay on thirty trestle tables all in aid of establishing a goal for an aspiring Tasmanian enthusiast who sees a vision of a possible local record attempt !!!
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Thu 08 Oct 2015, 1:45 pm

Single or double track?

Whichever; it will be very large.

Are we going for a speed record or longest track?
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 08 Oct 2015, 2:20 pm

I will start building it as a single long track which will lay on ten trestle tables for starters then I will work my way up to twenty then thirty to ensure it is running smoothly each time.

As you know it takes plenty of cash, space and time to do anything on a massive scale. 

Some photos of its infancy will be posted in about three weeks when I put it together for the first time at the Launceston Scale Model Expo legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Mon 24 Oct 2016, 10:27 am

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Img_0910

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Img_0911

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Img_0912

As you can see my Municipality of New Castle has taken a back seat for the time being to concentrate on focusing towards getting the Town Square more to my liking having pulled my first one apart to see whether this one suits me better.

Truthfully this one is a quick build for an event next weekend so once I return home there will be plenty of changing it around to make way for my larger scale layout returning soon legohappy

Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh12

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh13

As you can see I am progressing with finalising the Town Square as a result of working on a few key areas albeit a lot of cleaning parts to make it presentable throughout the day is happening to ensure a good response at the upcoming event.

The Market Street Bank Corner is almost complete having chosen to showcase FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully as a starting point to promote a theme within my LEGO community, always thinking about brings a smile to those who see the final look legowink

As for the Town Square it is starting to look more realistic which is something I am continually strive towards as better ideas come to hand with trial and error building throughout many build sessions.

Until another reveal enjoy what you see before your eyes as it keeps getting bigger and better legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 26 Oct 2016, 1:29 pm

BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh18
BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh17
BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh19
BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh16
BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh14
BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP - Page 4 Snapsh15

As a result of almost getting my Town Square to a completed stage I am happily took more snapshots to review the layout before it is boxed up and transported to its unveiling over the coming weekend.

Amazingly I estimated that I spent thirty hours getting this project built over a three day period resulting in something that will captivate many spectators which is all worth it, my love for LEGO keeps me wanting to do better legohappy
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:40 am

Looks great, Free Spirit.
I love the monument in the Town Square; very realistic.
Which show is it this weekend?
brickie
brickie
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next