Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I bought today

+71
Lego3D
G Time
Ajax
SnapLock
Kaila
jigsaw
feuerbogen
Red_Five
BrickManLJ
wayne.m.j
LEGO_JOJO
Oddleaf
leebattersby
shieldzee1
haz
Jasen
Brickenzy
dogfin
Brickton
Maetira
Tsitra
juniorbrickie
alienathan
brickbuster
Xyver
mattman
dosker
brickie
phantom59
bradcoll
AnitaE
TastesLikeLamb
Baskin
lostdriveway
Lego Mastery
NoShelfWear
TazManiac
jvpski3
Lightningtiger
aresze
HRTTIM
shnake
Chaucey
Intrastella
BrickTango
ennjay
Paul B
Hemish
Civic Bossman
aZz
guymontag
Free Spirit
Captain Havoc
Swashbuckler Petrie
Alcyone
Bodville
Star_wars_rules
hollisbrick
dhoman01
Nick
Captain Zuloo
marvinblue
Optimus Dragon
Paul Baulch
peterab
Blockbuster
Cpt. PB
Redboost
Brickthing
Darth Legois
Keetong
75 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

What I bought today - Page 21 Empty Re: What I bought today

Post by Brickenzy Fri 28 Oct 2011, 12:44 am

Morning all

Recent additions (past fortnight):

10210 Imperial Flagship, Been on my wanted list for quite a while. Spotted it gathering dust on a shelf

10217 Diagon Alley, I must admit not a huge Harry Potter fan but love the design and architecture of the set

3648 Police Chase, Always a soft spot for town/City sets

8069, Backhoe loader, If it's technic it's usually on my wanted list

5766 Creator Log cabin, Love the style of it

7533 2011 Advent calendar, Starting to collect these now

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:16 am

I welcome you to the forum by saying that I am a big fan of the City Sets legohappy

What is your favourite City Set ???....and like me are you awaiting the new Forest sets to compliment the Log Cabin ???

Cheers Free Spirit

Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickenzy Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:02 am

Hello Free Spirit and thanks for the welcome.

I can't say that I have a favourite City set it's only recently that I really started collecting them but I do have a lot on order from Kmart as part of the Christmas catalogue that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on.

I saw some pictures of the 2012 sets on Eurobricks this morning that have also got me awaiting them now legohatsunnies

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Sat 29 Oct 2011, 2:32 am

I have just received my second Medieval Market Village and have coming the first two winter sets (toy shop and bakery) and a city advent calendar.

Brickenzy, I have some Lego sets that I bought from BigW during their Christmas sale in the middle of the year. I also can't wait to get my hands on them, I am not a very patient. legotounge

I am also looking forward to the 2012 sets (don't tell anyone, but I am looking forward to the friends sets legoeyeshutlaughing
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasen Mon 31 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

Xyver wrote:I agree with the minifig addiction. My daughter wants the Darth Vader minifig (she's 5 and a bigger Star Wars nut then I am) and the only way to get it, other than on a keyring, is to buy the Millenium Falcon. Now I am all for having the Millenium Falcon on display, but $250 is a bit much just to get her a Darth Vader.

Why don't you just get one off BrickLink? legotoungesmall

I'm in the process of making a Star Wars Stop-Mo and need a Palpatine.
He currently only comes with a $160+ set so I just bit the bullet and paid $24 on Bricklink.
Although expensive, technically I have saved alot legolaugh

Jasen
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dosker Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Today (well over the past two days because that's how long it took me) i bought all the pieces to build the market street set. I only substituted one lot of parts and that was the dark blue bricks (which I subbed with ordinary blue) I hope it still looks ok. Can't wait for all the brick-link orders to arrive!
The only piece i resented paying for was a 4 x white hose with tabbed ends because they were around 10.50ea. and i had heaps in my childhood Lego mound which has been lost in the passage of time sadly.

I also bought the Kingdoms Mill Village Raid + Kingdoms advent calendar a few days ago and am contemplating getting the Medieval Market Village for Christmas (yes for myself...)
dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickenzy Sat 05 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

dosker wrote:Hi everyone,

Today (well over the past two days because that's how long it took me) i bought all the pieces to build the market street set. I only substituted one lot of parts and that was the dark blue bricks (which I subbed with ordinary blue) I hope it still looks ok. Can't wait for all the brick-link orders to arrive!
The only piece i resented paying for was a 4 x white hose with tabbed ends because they were around 10.50ea. and i had heaps in my childhood Lego mound which has been lost in the passage of time sadly.

I also bought the Kingdoms Mill Village Raid + Kingdoms advent calendar a few days ago and am contemplating getting the Medieval Market Village for Christmas (yes for myself...)

Sounds like quite a successful few days there Dosker, David Jones currently have the Modular Pet store and Grand Emporium in stock if you were looking for those.

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by haz Sat 05 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

dosker wrote:...The only piece i resented paying for was a 4 x white hose with tabbed ends because they were around 10.50ea...
Ok, i don't know the set intimately, but could you have gone for the TABLESS end version instead? legounsure According to BL, (cheapest seller with the quantity you want) you could have them for a dollar each. Just my 2c. legohappy
haz
haz
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dosker Sat 05 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

The ones for around a $1.00 were yellowing and the cheapest white ones after that were from a store that had a flat rate of 10 euro shipping before you even ordered anything. Plus they were the last thing I needed so i just tacked them onto a pre-existing order to be done with it! My main incentive for doing so was because i already felt like i'd diverted too much from the original set by subbing the dark blue bricks and also because i was so sick of trawling through bricklink inventories!

It took me about 20 or so orders to get all the pieces and I've had at least three sellers contact me to say their inventories were incorrect. I hopped online tonight to track down the additional pieces and ended up buying The dwarves Mine set and Troll Assault Wagon (trying to seduce my partner into liking Lego this Christmas) and i know he has an unhealthy infatuation with the dwarven race!
dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dosker Sat 05 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Brickenzy wrote:
dosker wrote:Hi everyone,

Sounds like quite a successful few days there Dosker, David Jones currently have the Modular Pet store and Grand Emporium in stock if you were looking for those.

I saw that they had the Pet Shop on their website but i did not know they had the Grand Emporium (EDIT: I just checked the website, then so happy about this news...i'd be happier if they had them in a local store so i could lay-by however, my fiance might leave me if i buy anymore Lego this month), why do you torture me with this information :S
I will still probably opt to get it from eBay, there was a seller offering them quite cheap a week or so ago (I was also watching a market village set but lost interest when it hit $800). Hence why i ran off to brick-link sulking.

Was it a DJ's in Brisbane that you GE at? I'd love to see it in real life! I am such a nerd.
dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickenzy Sun 06 Nov 2011, 1:39 am

dosker wrote: Was it a DJ's in Brisbane that you GE at? I'd love to see it in real life! I am such a nerd.

Hi Dosker it was the DJ's at Garden City in Upper Mt Gravatt. legohappy

Cheers

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dosker Sun 06 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

Thank-you so much for that info, i will go there ASAP!

- Ali
dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by haz Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

dosker wrote:The ones for around a $1.00 were yellowing and the cheapest white ones...
I hear ya! legohappy I try to order 'new' white parts as much as possible. Oh, and transparent parts too.
haz
haz
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by shieldzee1 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:48 am

got them 20%off(when you buy 2 or more kids books) at myers the set was $70 i got them for $54 saving $14
What I bought today - Page 21 385081_1592918798334_1696845843_825478_1960898170_n

Last edited by shieldzee1 on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
shieldzee1
shieldzee1
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebrick101show?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

Just bought myself a few bits and pieces to keep me occupied for ten minutes which included the following legolaugh

1 x Collectable Minifigure Series 5 = Graduate
2 x Collectable Minifigure Series 5 = Lizard Man
1 x Collectable Minifigure Series 5 = Lumberjack

1 x Large Collectable Minifigure - Display Case
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetira Thu 10 Nov 2011, 8:22 am

Last weekend I put the Black Pearl, Queen Anne's Revenge and the Millenium Falcon on Laybuy.
(The POTC sets are for my girlfriend.)

I also ordered today a bunch of different hairs off bricklink. I'm gonna try and work with some decals, I'm planning on making my own little story in the Star Wars Universe, not really anything major(The less major and prominent the events and characters are, the less chances of contradiction with the star wars canon. :D) I can't draw by hand very well, but I like having things visually in my hand, instead of on the computer.
So yeah, lego lego lego. legohappy

Does anyone else here prefer flesh tones over the yellow?
I don't know why, it just looks better to me, more realistic where as the yellow looks silly.
Maetira
Maetira
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by haz Thu 10 Nov 2011, 8:56 am

I actually prefer the yellow. It's the classic Lego minifig skin tone for my money. legohappy

The Light Flesh just looks a little 'Playmobil' to me. legowink
haz
haz
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyver Thu 10 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

Yellow for me too. The few storm troopers I have just look weird without their helmets on. I think its the lighter shading rather than the standard solid colours of traditional lego.
Xyver
Xyver
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-07-06

https://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Xyver-1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:12 am

The current 20% off sale at Target has me in the buying frame of mood so I just bought myself the Creator House # 5771 !!!

Ding dong anybody home legolaugh
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:40 am

I'm entering the home stretch of finalising all my LEGO items that I told Santa to hold on Lay-By for me legowink

So he told me to inform you all that I shall definitely be getting my wish of two of the Tower Bridge # 10214 !!!
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickenzy Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:07 am

Free Spirit wrote:I'm entering the home stretch of finalising all my LEGO items that I told Santa to hold on Lay-By for me legowink

So he told me to inform you all that I shall definitely be getting my wish of two of the Tower Bridge # 10214 !!!

Any chance I can swap you with the tonne of coal that santa said he'ld be sending me?

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:55 am

Hmm....Santa said...ho, ho, ho and then whispered in my ear and told me to tell you that if you behave he will make sure a cool pressie will be placed under your tree as per your request !!!
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brickenzy Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

Free Spirit wrote:Hmm....Santa said...ho, ho, ho and then whispered in my ear and told me to tell you that if you behave he will make sure a cool pressie will be placed under your tree as per your request !!!

LOL, I'll just have to order the bridge from lego direct, after I've got my sets from K-mart legohappy

Brickenzy
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

What I bought today - Page 21 Empty Yay Grand Emporium!

Post by dosker Thu 24 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

I finally put the Grand Emporium on lay-by at DJ's at Garden City. I can also confirm that i saw it in the Toowong DJ's on the way home as well (Brisbane). Both stores have the Pet Shop and the Fire Brigade as well and if you spend $50 on Lego you get a free snowman to build (at the Garden City DJ's)! The DJ's at Garden City also have the last three series of mini-figures on the toys counter so i stood there for about an hour feeling all the packets to get the ones i was missing.

Oh and i also got a Harry Potter set from K-mart 4865 forbidden forest for only $15.00, pretty good value considering the mini-figs in it. Kmart also have star wars sets (mandalorian battle pack and clone trooper battle pack) with 4 mini-figs in each on sale for $15.00 ea. i bought one each for my nephews. The creator light house and house with the door bell are also on sale (i think they were around $20 cheaper) and the knight bus from Harry potter is $35.00.

dosker
dosker
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by AnitaE Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:04 am

I bought the Lego Art Carousel today from toys r us (they sell it for $29.99 but I had a 30% off voucher).

What I bought today - Page 21 6403832723_d52682ba5c
Lego - Art Carousel by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

It is very cool

What I bought today - Page 21 6403833133_e8cba0a431
Lego - Art Carousel by tikitikitembo, on Flickr
AnitaE
AnitaE
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down