Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 Hours .

4 posters

Go down

24 Hours                          . Empty 24 Hours .

Post by Bodville Sat 09 Jan 2010, 5:24 am

I'm one of those people that use Lego to make films. Live action films of my train layouts and stop motion films to tell silly stories.
Over the New Year weekend there was a 24 Hour Brickfilm contest. It's heavily contested but for me the challenge is just making a movie in 24 hours not trying to win.

Anyway 2010 was my 2nd THAC (Twenty Four Hour Animation Competition) and here's my entry Live to Skate (YouTube HD).
I also produced a Thacumentary (YouTube).

Spoiler
=====
There is supposed to be a skating crash animation where he breaks bones between each hospital visit. An ambulance shows up and finally he ends up in hospital. By the time I rushed the succesful skate animation together I only had about 1.5 hours to go. I spent the remaining time editing. I worked non-stop for 23.5 hours but it just wasn't enough.
Bodville
Bodville
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Title : Title hater
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-07-08

http://home.netspeed.com.au/mephisto/bodville/default.html

Back to top Go down

24 Hours                          . Empty Re: 24 Hours .

Post by Captain Zuloo Sun 10 Jan 2010, 8:44 am

Great job Dave! The Thacumentary was very interesting, although I'm not really sure about the circle thing at the end. legolaugh I'm also very impressed by the camera jig. Perhaps you could use some of thos 1 x 4 plates with the zig-zag top to assist with a smooth forward and back motion.
It's quite a shame I was unable to accept your offer to assist with THAC 2009, hopefully next year. And I really like your black shirt. legohappy

Many thanks for sharing.
Captain Zuloo
Captain Zuloo
Pirate Administrator
Pirate Administrator

Title : I say alot of things
Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-03-21

http://www.zulooweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Sun 10 Jan 2010, 10:01 am

It is my first time I have seen anything like it of this kind so all I can say is that it looks great and I can't wait to see another one.
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peterab Mon 18 Jan 2010, 3:18 pm

Hi Bodville,

Thats a great effort given the time limit, it really reminds me of my rollerblading days.

Oh to be young and stupid again ... scratch that I'm still stupid legohappy
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum