Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAD Software

2 posters

Go down

CAD Software Empty CAD Software

Post by Guest Sun 06 Sep 2009, 12:54 am

Hi,
I am just wondering if many people use any CAD software to design Lego's before they build or do you prefer to just build? I have started to use MLCAD but find it takes a long time to get anything much designed with it.

Paul

Back to top Go down

CAD Software Empty Re: CAD Software

Post by peterab Sun 06 Sep 2009, 8:40 am

I've played a bit with Leocad (because I run Linux) but am also not very fast with it. Like any new tool it takes a while to get used to it.

I guess it depends on what you want to use it for, whether its worthwhile to you to spend the time learning to use the tool. I prefer to design/build in real brick but this means I need to have an assortment of pieces available, many of which may not end up being used on my final MOC. Using a CAD program would allow me to do the design first and only order the bricks when I have a better idea of what I need. I havent quite got to that level yet legosmile2
peterab
peterab
Town Moderator
Town Moderator

Title : Slippery roundhouse fingers
Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodville Sun 06 Sep 2009, 3:17 pm

Lego Digital Designer is great fun to build with and it's mostly easy to use. Can be a bit of pain once you get lots of studs showing (it slows down so build SNOT).
LDD 3.0 is coming out in October.
Bodville
Bodville
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Title : Title hater
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-07-08

http://home.netspeed.com.au/mephisto/bodville/default.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2009, 2:27 am

Thanks for the advice, I am making good progress on getting some ideas designed in the software.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum