Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue

Go down

Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue Empty Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue

Post by marvinblue Wed 26 Aug 2009, 2:31 pm

Welcome to the next installment of my reviews, the Creator Fire Rescue vehicle set. I bought this as I love any Fire related set! I purchased it from K-Mart at 15% off the regular price, gotta love a bargain! It took about three hours to build the truck on the front of the box.

Name: Fire Rescue
Theme: Creator
Year: 2009
Pieces: 771
Minifigs: 0
Price: AUD $89.00 (Regular price listed at S@H. K-Mart and Big W's regular price is $76.00).

Front of the box:
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010525

Back of the box showing the different vehicles possible:
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010526

The contents. Look at all that Lego loveliness!
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010527

Some rare parts. (The 1 x 4 brick shown is being held up by the black plate). You get quite a few of these 1 x 4 bricks.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010528

It took an hour and a half to get this far. Note how hollow the set is. You could quite easily run a technic axle through the body and have a steering knob on the back.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010529

The completion of 84 pages of building!! To get this far took about another half hour.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010530

Another shot.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010531

Dashboard detail.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010532

It even has working doors!
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010533

After completion, this is what you're left with. It took at least another fourty minutes to finish it off, only another 27 pages of plans! I swapped some of my trans-blue parts for red from my spares, so normally there wouldn't be that much trans-blue left over.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010534

The completed truck.
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010535

A side shot..
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010536

One of the back..
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010537

One from the front..
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010538

Finally one from the other side with the doors open!
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010539

Lastly, a shot with one of Georgetown's finest, for scale. I don't think it will fit into my layout!!
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue P1010540

To me, this kit best represents the Scania Telesquirt's of Melbourne's Metropolitan Fire Brigade, or MFB, that are shown in the following two photos:
Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue Telesq10

Review - 6752 - Fire Rescue Telesq11

Those pics can be found at Oz Emergency Service Vehicles Photography. To view more, go here.

Overall, I think this is a great set. IMHO, it craps all over the Family Home in terms of value, $40 less, athough 205 pieces less. It also has better playability. I know which one my nephews will want to play with! You can definately do more with this set.
It's main drawbacks are the front doors not opening fully. The back ones are wonderful, but only half of the front doors open. Also, when the ladder extends, the plumbing for the monitor doesn't go with it. You have to unclip the top half and reclip it into place at the top of the ladder. Finally, there is no steering, there are no stabilisers and the lockers don't open either. This is all due to the fact that it's a Creator set, as well as me being picky! If it had been Technic, I think some, if not most of these issues would have been resolved.

All that aside, I think this is a fantastic Creator set and for the price, I fully recommend it!! legohappy:
marvinblue
marvinblue
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down