Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a play table

Go down

Building a play table Empty Building a play table

Post by wayne.m.j Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:55 am

I am wanting to build a play table for the little one (4) who is enjoying Duplo, but is asking more to build with my Lego. I was originally looking at just buying a table from Ikea or Officeworks, but that is when I noticed that the size of the base plates are not quite uniform.

I was expecting something along the lines of 6" or 12", but the 32x32 are more like 10"x10" or 25.4cm x 25.4cm square. I am used to dealing with 12", 24" etc and converting into metric 305mm, and 610mm respectively as these are numbers used in HO and OO gauge models.

The plan was to do something that would allow a sizeable train set, as I have a few models both bought and scratch built. Has anyone undertaken such a venture as is will to post some pictures for me to use as a guide?

The thought at this stage is modules made up of 51cmx51cm sections which is grid of 2x2 32x32 base plates.

wayne.m.j
Sheep Dog
Sheep Dog

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Back to top Go down