Australian and New Zealand Fans Of LEGO - Forum
Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to ANZFOL!

Don't have an account? If you're in the Australia and New Zealand region, then why not make one?

It's free, it gets rid of those annoying unrelated ads when browsing the boards, and it only takes a few seconds to set up before you can start posting and discussing LEGO with the great ANZFOL community!

We look foward to seeing you on the boards!

Cheers,

Darth Legois, Captain Zuloo and the ANZFOL team!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Depression

+2
Lightningtiger
timmyc1983
6 posters

Go down

LEGO Depression Empty LEGO Depression

Post by timmyc1983 Thu 24 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's just me or everyone has this same problem...

I just find (particularly now a couple of weeks after completing two large project) that I get LEGO depression... I seem to get ideas and build on LDD much much quicker than I can afford the bricks to make what I'm digitally building! I now 2 and half projects ready for real bricks (one is massive too), but no money!!! And everytime I open LDD, they stare at me through the screen and makes me upset... Who knows, maybe I'll never be able to afford to build them......

First world problem right...? but anyone else get this feeling??

legoeyeshutlaughing 
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

LEGO Depression Empty Re: LEGO Depression

Post by Lightningtiger Fri 25 Oct 2013, 6:38 am

You are not the only one is this boat, I think we've all been there......though for me it's because of my silly buying anything Lego four years ago (hello, racked up credit card.....oop's sorry to my wife who got me out of the hole:/ ) I heaps of spares and only need a few parts brought in now and again.
Go easy, start planning the most important one first......you will get them done in the long run.....Brick On 'timmy' ! legohappy 
Lightningtiger
Lightningtiger
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Title : Town MOC builder genius !
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2009-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:01 am

Yeah luckily I don't have a credit card anymore so I can't go overboard that way legosweat2 I'll keep plugging away saving whAt I can to buy bricks legohappy 
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:50 pm

hows this for Lego Depression, Today i saw on gumtree a Lego MetroLiner 9v Train in perfect condition with a box for $30, I rang the guy up asked if i could pick it up in an hour (as i live an hours drive away) he said Yep no worries.

I was all excited and when i got there BAM! he sold it to another guy 10 mins before i got there as he thought it was me but he did offer me some 80's technic sets......... Not happy at all!

I am was so angry when i got home i looked at my Lego Train layout and have started packing it all up to sell, I have been thinking about selling all my lego for a while now and this experience has convinced me too start selling.
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

lego8O  That's pretty extreme!! That is pretty annoying tho! That guy obviously didn't know what the Metroliner was worth either... Make sure you sell your trains for what they're worth....

Having said that I don't think you should be selling your trains... Your layout is awesome! It'd be a shame to sell them and then regret down the track... (excuse the pun legolaugh )
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Spirit Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

I find myself in more of a obsession than a depression as I currently have started to build six or so different modular buildings and soon will be starting to create a better layout.

My depression with LEGO is more to the point that I get bored easily with current sets available because of the lack of finer detail which has a lot to do with learning better techniques legohappy 

As soon as I complete one or two I will put some snapshots on here but I warn do not expect them too quickly as like said I am obsessive legolaugh
Free Spirit
Free Spirit
Kelly Gang Member
Kelly Gang Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2009-12-20

https://brickstacular.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SnapLock Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:29 pm

I have decided to keep some of my favorites sets, heres what my layout looks like with a lot of sets packed up
Still have a few more sets to pack up.

LEGO Depression 52650410

LEGO Depression 13852410
SnapLock
SnapLock
Vegemite Eater
Vegemite Eater

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyc1983 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm

Free Spirit wrote:I find myself in more of a obsession than a depression as I currently have started to build six or so different modular buildings and soon will be starting to create a better layout.

My depression with LEGO is more to the point that I get bored easily with current sets available because of the lack of finer detail which has a lot to do with learning better techniques legohappy 

As soon as I complete one or two I will put some snapshots on here but I warn do not expect them too quickly as like said I am obsessive legolaugh
Yes I am quite obsessive too. If I'm not on LDD, I'm looking at my town or on flickr looking at layouts or on here and EB looking and reading haha... The depression only comes when I realise how many bricks I need to buy to build the layout I want......... legoheadbang 

I'm looking forward to seeing your modulars!! And your layout! I love layouts legoeyeshutlaughing 

SnapLock wrote:I have decided to keep some of my favorites sets, heres what my layout looks like with a lot of sets packed up
Still have a few more sets to pack up.

*snip*

Well I'm glad you're keeping your favs, it's still a pretty good layout.... And I'm glad you're keeping your modulars, they go so well with the trains... However I wish you were selling your Train Engine Shed, I would buy it legolaugh I'm bricklinking one tho legoeyesheart
timmyc1983
timmyc1983
Jackaroo
Jackaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaila Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

SnapLock wrote:hows this for Lego Depression, Today i saw on gumtree a Lego MetroLiner 9v Train in perfect condition with a box for $30, I rang the guy up asked if i could pick it up in an hour (as i live an hours drive away) he said Yep no worries.

I was all excited and when i got there BAM! he sold it to another guy 10 mins before i got there as he thought it was me but he did offer me some 80's technic sets......... Not happy at all!

I am was so angry when i got home i looked at my Lego Train layout and have started packing it all up to sell, I have been thinking about selling all my lego for a while now and this experience has convinced me too start selling.

Can totally understand this feeling! Though in a slighty diff scenario. That huge boat set from 1990 with over 1000 peices (forget the number). Ebay.. Someone selling it BRAND NEW, the sale was mine - willing to go up to 500 and within the last 10 secs of the auction im madly clicking the bid button with no response >_< it sold for only 200 which is peanuts for that set in new condition! I rang ebay but of course nothing could be done. It was the rare yellow version of the set too!!

And then theres the time that i missed a brand new maersk boat 1650 which went for 179.. The guy who got it was a scabby bricklink reseller who immediately put 1900 on it..

Anyway feeling you Snappy. Just a couple examples why haha
Kaila
Kaila
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2012-07-07

http://www.giantess.ws

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul B Wed 30 Jul 2014, 6:51 am

Yes, I know what you mean. I get so happy when designing and building MOCs / MODs, after I publish them on my blog I get a bit sad until I do the next one legohappy

Paul B
Silver Fern
Silver Fern

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-01-08

http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down